Chinese coils for my T350

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

joethebike
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki T20-250-350-500

Chinese coils for my T350

Post by joethebike »

Just for fun I bought a set of coils from Aliexpress seller "Garden Replace Online Store" for the princely sum of $A37 to see if they cured a tendency to cut out at idle after a fast run.
Well why not?
Fitted them today and as advertised they fitted the T350 coil cradle exactly, had a good set of plug caps attached and the bike started up first kick, so far so good.
The next test will be an extended run to see if they behave.
1972 Suzuki T350 160,000km +2 Castrol 6 Hour races
1982 Honda CX500 EC 272,700km
2005 Suzuki DL650 145,000km
dollydog
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: several gt250 ramairs

Re: Chinese coils for my T350

Post by dollydog »

i've used quite a few chinese bits over the last 5 years or so and tbh [he says touching wood] i've never had a problem with any of it. carbs, front master cylinders, even speedo drives. a couple of bikes i built had to have the front disc on the left and the speedo drive on the right. obviously a normal gt speedo drive would go the wrong way and the speedo wouldn't work. so i decided to give a brand new hyosung srx 250 or some such make speedo a whirl. it's an exact copy of the gt speedo drive, except it runs backwards. fits perfectly and the speedo now works as it should. for £12 brand new including post they were bargains. i've had one of the front master cylinders on for about 3 years now and it's never leaked, works perfectly and even has the brake light switch built in. less than £10 including post. you could pay that for the lever on its own :D
cheers, dd.
p.s. the only thing wrong with the master cylinders is if you spill brake fluid on the paint and don't wipe it straight off, the paint bubbles and rubs off. apart from that i'm dead pleased with the build quality.
GTS250 road registered. TS250 engine, Ramair frame.
GT250 big bang road registered. Both pistons fire the same time. USD forks.
GT285 road registered. Overbored - 58mm and TS125 +2 pistons fitted.
GT10 road registered. '65 T10 engine, GT250 frame.