Donated vintage Suzuki two-strokes

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Eickmewg
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 72' T500

Donated vintage Suzuki two-strokes

Post by Eickmewg »

You might be interested in this information. Due to advancing age, my Suzuki's had been languishing in the garage for a few years. After many years of "I'll fix them up and sell them" and not doing it, I decided to donate them to a Veteran's organization to get them out of the garage. They were a 72 T500, a 74 GT750, and a 91 VX800. A flat bed came by and hauled them off. Yesterday, I got letters in the mail saying that two of them sold one for $3200 and one for $2600 (I guess another letter will arrive at some point). I am assuming those are for the two-strokes. The T500 I would rate as good and the GT750 as fair to good. I was both surprised and pleased by these auction prices. They were identified only by donor numbers and not models but I am assuming the $3200 figure was for the Titan but it could be for the Water Buffalo. I had owned them both for over 30 years and put a combined 125,000 miles on them. Each was bought by me used for under $1000 per bike. I really loved those old smokers and I'm happy they have gone on to what I hope are good homes. Bill
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: Donated vintage Suzuki two-strokes

Post by Alan H »

Well donated. It seems that they will be of use to the veterans anyway.
Shame that you'll not know if they ever get restored & ridden again.
We are all getting older, just keep on keeping on as long as you can.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.