One last issue T20

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

doug rooney
To the on ramp

One last issue T20

Post by doug rooney »

One more thing to resolve before she's ready to ride. Ignition switch was bad so that came yesterday and took care of my elecrtical problem.
I messed up my oil pump and have been trying to get it to quit sucking air to no avail. Did not realize that the bleeder screw was left hand threads and stripped it out partly trying to get it off. It will not tighten up now and have tried various types of sealer hoping that would seal it. Still sucks! (Am assuming that's where the air is getting in). I have a different one on the way. I have bled and bled the old one, took it apart and replaced the O rings and reassembled while submerged in oil. Start it up and seems fine for a couple minutes, then a line of air starts up one or both of the cylinder lines. Driving me crazy!

Would be most appreciative if someone can tell me step by step the proper method of installing the new one when it comes in case I'm missing something in the book. (Clymer and Zook service manuals)
Thanks, Doug
Doug
Odin
On the main road

Post by Odin »

Doug I don't think you installed it wrong, to me it sounds like you just needed to replace it, plain and simple.
when you install the new one no matter what you do there will be air in the lines, it usally disappears after some riding.

I'm always grateful to see the air bubbles move along the lines myself, lets me know that the damn thing is working
T200 (full restoration)
CL450 (on the go now)
T350 (sort of started)

"Even if the voices in my head aren't real, They have some pretty good ideas"
doug rooney
To the on ramp

Post by doug rooney »

Thanks Odin. Never had a 2 stroke before this one so am never sure what's quite normal. Just concerns me to see 2" of air at the pump and it don't seem to move up the line. I actually have 2 pumps coming, both from Ebay. The first one was really cheap $18 shipped but AFTER I bought the thing was looking at the ad closely and looks to me like there's a hex head bolt where the slotted air screw should be! I'm guessing maybe that one is messed up in the same way I did mine so bought another one that looks right. Live and learn. In my case....sometimes SLOOOOOWLY!
Doug
Odin
On the main road

Post by Odin »

Strange, none of my T20 oil pumps have slotted air screws... they are all hex bolts.
me thinks yours was knackered from the start and sounds like one of the two you just bought is knackered as well...

between the three pumps you will have you can built a good working one and have parts to spare.
T200 (full restoration)
CL450 (on the go now)
T350 (sort of started)

"Even if the voices in my head aren't real, They have some pretty good ideas"
doug rooney
To the on ramp

Post by doug rooney »

Really?? Thanks for that! I was assuming the one with the hex bolt would be wrong and wasn't going to use it. To be clear, we're talking about the screw/bolt just below the 3 oil line bolts....correct???
Doug