520 front sprocket for T500

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

datsunrides
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500

520 front sprocket for T500

Post by datsunrides »

Does anyone know if there is a 16T 520 front sprocket available for the T500? I have seen where the early RM250 sprockets cross but those seem to max out at 15T.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: 520 front sprocket for T500

Post by Alan H »

Going an extra tooth on the gearbox will turn your top gear into an overdrive and it'll be a pig in traffic.
If you really want to gear it up, you could get a 2 tooth smaller rear sprocket.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
datsunrides
On the street

Post by datsunrides »

This isn’t for a original T500. I am dropping the motor in a GS500E chassis and it seems that the OEM 39T rear sprocket is the smallest available without getting a custom one. Just trying to get the gearing back closer to the 15/33 gearing of the T500. The 15/39 gearing won’t be horrible since this will most likely never see highway speeds for any prolonged periods but I also don’t need a buzz bomb either. If a 16t front is not in the cards and the 39T rear is not a good match once I get her on the road then I can look at a custom sprocket.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

Might be worth while looking at this thread in another forum.
https://www.kettleclinic.co.uk/kcforum/ ... ilit=Gs500
A good friend built it and it'a very good looking bike.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
datsunrides
On the street

Post by datsunrides »

Alan H, thanks for the link. That is nicely done. I highly doubt mine will ever get done to that level. Mine was, I assume, a track day bike at some point as it has had a gsx600 front end swapped on, clip ons, and some safety wiring. I am assuming he is/was running the 15/39 gearing that I am trying to raise based on his comment on the low gearing. I am probably going to modify my down tubes a little different but the way he did it is very clean.