Hello (New member)

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

rigsby666
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki T20 1967

Hello (New member)

Post by rigsby666 »

Hi guys,

My name is Dave and I'm based in Herefordshire (UK).

I've only just come across this forum and thought it looked like something I would find very interesting.

I have a T20 project that I've been collecting parts for over the last few years but there is a lot of work to be done with it. So that's going to be fun but a huge challenge for me.

I also have a couple of GP125's and a GP100 in poor barn find kind of condition that I've had for quite sometime now, with the intension of making something out of the three. I have documents for one of the 125's. However, I have never got around to doing anything with them and have come to the conclusion that I have too many other projects and I will probably never do anything with them. So I am just pondering what to do with them. I'll probably end up moving them on to create some space.

I've been riding bikes for many decades and I'm just coming back from a 7 year break, so this year I'd like to get out and do a bit more actual riding (providing things don't just keep escalating with fuel prices to beyond my means). I won't mention my current 'on the road' bike because it's not a Suzuki (or a two-stroke). lol.

I'm looking forward to having a good rummage through the forum and if I can help anyone, I certainly will try. Thanks guys.
Evans Ward
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 76 GT750, 72 H2 750, 84 RZ350

Re: Hello (New member)

Post by Evans Ward »

Welcome! :up: There are many T20 owners that will be able to help you out. Also, don’t forget that there is a wealth of info archived but available through a search.

Yes, the price of petrol has gotten very high- here in the US it varies currently from $4 per gallon to $8 gallon depending on what state you are in.

Ride on and enjoy! :clap:
1976 Suzuki GT750 (Maui Blue), 1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV (Candytone Blue), 1984 Yamaha RZ350 (KRR- Yellow/ Black).
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

Welcome in Dave. Several folks on here are UK based and very knowledgeable on Suzy 250s, so ask away.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
rigsby666
Still in the Driveway

Post by rigsby666 »

Thanks guys.
rigsby666
Still in the Driveway

Post by rigsby666 »

Evans Ward wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:37 am Yes, the price of petrol has gotten very high- here in the US it varies currently from $4 per gallon to $8 gallon depending on what state you are in.
I just paid £7.17 a gallon here in the UK, that's about $9.35, and that's one of the cheapest prices available here at the moment, it's insane!!
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

That's why my last 5 cars (including my current Kia Sportage turbo petrol) have had lpg fitted. Currently 73.7p/litre or £3.30 a gallon!
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
grumps
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT 380, 1977 (now sold)

Post by grumps »

Hello from Worcestershire.
If money can't buy happiness - explain motorcycles and beer!
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Saucy!!! :wink:
daxman
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: A100 GT250 & 4t Yams!

Post by daxman »

Please tell me you have a cat named Vienna..
rigsby666
Still in the Driveway

Post by rigsby666 »

daxman wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:33 pm Please tell me you have a cat named Vienna..
Not a cat, but a bike...!

How do you add attachments (such as a picture) on here, it says that it is invalid...?
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

As it's a 'free' forum and pics take quite a bit of memory, you'll have to use a site that hosts pictures and post a link. Soz. :cry: