Pattern mudguard suggestion

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

daxman
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: A100 GT250 & 4t Yams!

Pattern mudguard suggestion

Post by daxman »

Hi All

Firstly I managed an enjoyable 50 mile 'pootle' on the 250 yesterday around rural North Beds. I took this photo and realised that while the GSX 250 plastic rear mudguard/lights is functional and corrosion free is doesn't add much to the overall look (ditto the GN250 seat, but hey). Does anyone know of a pattern or universal mudguard that will fit approximately? I have a dog-bone rear light I intend to fit at some stage so I could do both together..
MOnster_gt250.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dollydog
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: several gt250 ramairs

Re: Pattern mudguard suggestion

Post by dollydog »

probably you and a thousand other people dax :D i did actually find some rear mudguards on fleabay some time ago that were an exact match for the arc, the width and the length of the gt250 muddy. obviously they are plain steel and undrilled. if i can find the supplier i'll post it up. what i intended to do was cut the brackets off a real rusty falling to bits muddy, weld it all up and then get it chromed. unfortunately like a lot of my projects i bought it, then it got put on the backburner. btw, it's one of the early rd 250/350 yams rear mudguard that's pretty similar. they make repro's of them in india. all chromed, ready to fit. might be worth a look? :D
cheers, dd.
GTS250 road registered. TS250 engine, Ramair frame.
GT250 big bang road registered. Both pistons fire the same time. USD forks.
GT285 road registered. Overbored - 58mm and TS125 +2 pistons fitted.
GT10 road registered. '65 T10 engine, GT250 frame.
daxman
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: A100 GT250 & 4t Yams!

Re: Pattern mudguard suggestion

Post by daxman »

Thanks DD..

I find this one that I thought might work.. Not bothered about chrome would just paint it.. I do alos have teh rotten original somewhere (for brackets)

https://www.feked.com/extra-long-53-4-r ... ction.html

I'll check out the RD options also..