Next problem!

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Hawky416
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 74 gt550

Next problem!

Post by Hawky416 »

Morning all, almost forgot what it’s like to be up this early for work :shock:
I have a problem, I brought a gt550 frame and bottom end off eBay to start my project, frame number and engine numbers are good but I have no number plate and no logbook I’ve been told I can get a certificate from a Suzuki owners club but the link on google doesn’t seem to work
Any ideas ?
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: Next problem!

Post by Alan H »

Talk to dvla. Good luck, you'll need it.
A short introduction on here is always a good way to start. Just who and where you are plus a bit of your biking experience will do.
And photos of the bike. We really like those.
Check your numbers here - http://www.ozebook.com/compendium/suzi/ ... engnos.htm
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
gammakeith
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1966 T20

Post by gammakeith »

The VJMC has a dating service that should be able to sort you out with the DVLA. Its available to non-members also. You may need to complete your project first before they will issue a registration though?

Keith
1927 Scott 3 Speed Super Squirrel
1948 Scott Flying Squirrel
1951 Cyclemaster
1966 Suzuki T20
1981 Montesa 349
1985 Suzuki RG500
1999 Honda CRM250AR
Definately NO 4 strokes :-)
dollydog
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: several gt250 ramairs

Post by dollydog »

GTS250 road registered. TS250 engine, Ramair frame.
GT250 big bang road registered. Both pistons fire the same time. USD forks.
GT285 road registered. Overbored - 58mm and TS125 +2 pistons fitted.
GT10 road registered. '65 T10 engine, GT250 frame.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

gammakeith wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:33 am The VJMC has a dating service that should be able to sort you out with the DVLA. Its available to non-members also. You may need to complete your project first before they will issue a registration though?

Keith
VJMC will give you details of year and model, but if you can't prove ownership of the bike, there will be difficulties registering it, or at best you might end up with a Q plate, and DVLA don't like issuing them nowadays.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
gammakeith
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1966 T20

Post by gammakeith »

Alan H wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:18 pm
gammakeith wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:33 am The VJMC has a dating service that should be able to sort you out with the DVLA. Its available to non-members also. You may need to complete your project first before they will issue a registration though?

Keith
VJMC will give you details of year and model, but if you can't prove ownership of the bike, there will be difficulties registering it, or at best you might end up with a Q plate, and DVLA don't like issuing them nowadays.
I don't know if it helps but the VJMC published a guide to reregistering a few months back. It did mention the situation when you don't have a NOVA form. Apparently, you now still have to fill in a NOVA even for UK applications. It did say this is not as bad as it sounds as you don't need to fill in all sections. As you point out, I assume there will be a section for describing how you came to be in possession of the bike? If it helps, I'll see if I can find it and scan.

Keith
1927 Scott 3 Speed Super Squirrel
1948 Scott Flying Squirrel
1951 Cyclemaster
1966 Suzuki T20
1981 Montesa 349
1985 Suzuki RG500
1999 Honda CRM250AR
Definately NO 4 strokes :-)