T250r Oil Pump

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Doss1961
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T250 Hustler

T250r Oil Pump

Post by Doss1961 »

Hello,

I finally completed the restoration on the Hustler but I noticed the did not seem to be much oil coming through the R/H lower oil feed pipe so I tried bleeding the pump (10mm Spanner) but it seems the threads are stripped not sure if any members know of anyone in the UK who overalls the pumps or I could maybe Hellicoil it.

If I undo the two Posi-drive screws which hold the pump in place is it easy to remove and refit?

Thanks in Advance

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Re: T250r Oil Pump

Post by jabcb »

Sweet T250! Congrats!

The oil line fittings at the crankcase have one way valves. Did you flush the oil lines to clear out the lines & valves. And also to make sure the valves are working?
Do not use compressed air as this can easily ruin the valve springs.

Which bolt are you concerned about?
The pump priming bolt has reverse threads.

A Canadian forum member sells oil pump rebuild kits on eBay.

There are lots of topics about the oil pumps & oil lines. The T250, GT250, T350, T500 and GT500 have the same oil pump design & oil line layout. If you do a search and find interesting info for any of those bikes, it also mostly applies to yours.
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72
T500 69 project & 73 project
T350 69 & 71
Honda 85 CB650SC & 86 CB700SC
09 Triumph Bonneville SE
Doss1961
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T250 Hustler

Post by Doss1961 »

Thanks for the advice
Yes when I cleaned the oil lines out I did use compressed air but saying that a couple of weeks ago when I had it running all 4 pipes had oil in the them, but like you said I may have damaged one of the springs, I will maybe see if I can get some new ones I think there is a guy on eBay that had some for sale. Also I am referring to the oil bleed bolt I did not realise that it had a left hand thread. If I can get these issues sorted it seems to run ok but the brakes are poor even though I have genuine new Suzuki shoes fitted.
Paul
jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Post by jabcb »

The brakes likely need serviced + adjusted.
The brake cams need a little grease in the brake plate holes. Cables should be lubed & smooth working, or replaced. Brake lever pivots may need some grease too.

Several companies sell lube + tools for lubing the cables.
Don’t use ordinary wheel bearing grease for the brake cams. I use a high temperature+pressure grease. Not sure what suitable grease is available in the UK.

There is some good info online. Look for something like “motorcycle drum brake servicing”. Let me know if you don’t find some good info.

Its easy to sheer off the oil pump bleed bolt. The pump might need disassembled & cleaned. Suzuki never sold replacement seals & o-rings for the pump. Best bet is to get the kit that a forum member sells on eBay.

Are you reusing the plastic oil line washers? Suzuki now sells aluminum washers. I have had no luck with aluminum washers & use stat-o-seal washers.

Might be worth testing the oil lines to see if the valves still work. You might have lucked out.
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72
T500 69 project & 73 project
T350 69 & 71
Honda 85 CB650SC & 86 CB700SC
09 Triumph Bonneville SE
daxman
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: A100 GT250 & 4t Yams!

Post by daxman »

Looks a sweetride

I had a stripped thread on my GT250A input feed I helicoiled that but it was M6 and normal thread. Even so I hd to take car to get a 'flat' sealing surface for the banjo fitting.