Insecure site.

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Glyn.G
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT380 B- Yamaha FZ1

Insecure site.

Post by Glyn.G »

Hi all,
I thought I'd risk it just the once but every time I try to log in I get a pop up stating this is an insecure site and I may be open to hacking. I've noticed recently a load of irrelevent ads have been showing up. Does anyone know what is going on and is it no longer safe to log in to my account.
Kind Regards,
Glyn.
dollydog
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: several gt250 ramairs

Re: Insecure site.

Post by dollydog »

hi glyn, i don't get the popups, but this forum sure as hell needs a clear out. there's only admin can do that, so why haven't they? i feel sorry for the saddo's that have actually read these totally irrelevent posts. i mean, why read them, when they're obviously spam and might lead you to a site loaded with viruses? come on admin, let's have a clear out please, get rid of the posts with nothing to do with 2 strokes :up:
cheers, dd.
GTS250 road registered. TS250 engine, Ramair frame.
GT250 big bang road registered. Both pistons fire the same time. USD forks.
GT285 road registered. Overbored - 58mm and TS125 +2 pistons fitted.
GT10 road registered. '65 T10 engine, GT250 frame.
Evans Ward
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 76 GT750, 72 H2 750, 84 RZ350

Post by Evans Ward »

I would gladly clear out the spam daily if given rights to do so. I peruse this site several times daily and am retired so I have the time. There’s my volunteer offer! 8)
1976 Suzuki GT750 (Maui Blue), 1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV (Candytone Blue), 1984 Yamaha RZ350 (KRR- Yellow/ Black).
johnakay
I likes them jubblies
Suzuki 2-Strokes: bike

Post by johnakay »

Alan Tucker is one administrator but spend his time on f/book,
see if I can get him to pop back in.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership
Evans Ward
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 76 GT750, 72 H2 750, 84 RZ350

Post by Evans Ward »

Thanks John. Alan T knows me. I don’t Facebook but that’s a whole nuther story! :ssh:
1976 Suzuki GT750 (Maui Blue), 1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV (Candytone Blue), 1984 Yamaha RZ350 (KRR- Yellow/ Black).
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

It must be dipstick season. Recently, I've had a couple on the VJMC forum which I moderate, so I made it that I have to authorise all new members. This makes more work and a slower registration process, but easier to control.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
johnakay
I likes them jubblies
Suzuki 2-Strokes: bike

Post by johnakay »

which vjmc forum is that Alan theres quite a few. I'm on the fb vjmc .
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

No, it's the 'proper' one. Ii don't do faceiron.
It's a bit if a pain in the sphincter as it's noe tapatalk, and most folks seem to prefer faceiron, but we still run this - steadily - for us neanderthals that prefer the old ways.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vjmc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please 'join' post and join in, it gets lonely sometimes! If I or we can't help directly, you might be redirected to places elsewhere.
Don't forget http://www.kettleclinic.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , it's for all Suzuki 2 strokes, not just the 750. Oh, the sense of humour is particularly British, so the humour may be 'strange' to our US contributors!!! :roll: :lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

I've been clearing them out and banning them as fast as possible. There seems to have been an influx over the Christmas season of links spam and other pop ups appearing. Just today another 15 or so were back again.
Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Hi Allan, Happy New Year and all that baloney!
I keep reporting them, if you need a hand with deting 'em, let me know. I still get on here most days despite not posting so much......
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Glyn.G wrote:Hi all,
I thought I'd risk it just the once but every time I try to log in I get a pop up stating this is an insecure site and I may be open to hacking. I've noticed recently a load of irrelevent ads have been showing up. Does anyone know what is going on and is it no longer safe to log in to my account.
Kind Regards,
Glyn.
Newer browsers generate a pop-up when you access a web site that is not using HTTPS. This site doesn't. If you look at the URL, it is just HTTP, which is the older, and insecure version of web connection. Why isn't is running HTTPS ? It costs money. This site isn't supported by anyone really - access is free, but that means there is no money for extras or paid support. As the site is not using HTTPS, that does mean that things like passwords could be hacked fairly easily by people that like to do that sort of thing. The risk to a person visiting here is probably fairly low, so long as you are not using the same id and password elsewhere, which is just good sense anyway. And to put this in perspective, this site is small potatoes when compared to a government site so the people posting SPAM here are just the kiddy brigade and not the serious hackers.

8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Well, I get on here most days, and report 'spam and transgressions' to mods. I can't do more, but remember that this is a free forum, so unless folks want to pay for 'membership' then we have to stand crap occasionally.
I moderate a couple of so called free forae which have ads, and no-one want to pay anything to encourage mods or anyone else to work and stop the spam, soooo, do people want to subscribe?
Thoughts on this subject might be worthwhile if anyone can be bothered.....
Sphincter splinters from sitting on the fence may be more painful than losing the forum of course.
Just my two penn'orth....... :roll:
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Alan H wrote: Sphincter splinters from sitting on the fence may be more painful than losing the forum of course.
I agree it would be a sad day, but then loads of public forums like this have already gone Alan. When Yahoo, GEOCity and others shut down their board services, it killed literally tens of thousands of small boards. The cost and effort of staying one step ahead of the bad guys is tough to maintain on a purely volunteer basis. I know the Kettle Clinic board is also not secure, but I understand there are plans to fix that, and at least it is actively maintained on the software side. 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
Scorch
Born to ride
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1975 GT380

Post by Scorch »

Alan H wrote:Well, I get on here most days, and report 'spam and transgressions' to mods. I can't do more, but remember that this is a free forum, so unless folks want to pay for 'membership' then we have to stand crap occasionally.
I moderate a couple of so called free forae which have ads, and no-one want to pay anything to encourage mods or anyone else to work and stop the spam, soooo, do people want to subscribe?
Thoughts on this subject might be worthwhile if anyone can be bothered.....
Sphincter splinters from sitting on the fence may be more painful than losing the forum of course.
You now have full power to nuke spammers and their posts.
Suzuki: '18 V-Strom 1000, '75 GT380, '85 Madura 1200
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Oh, right. I'd best clean the Laurona then....