GT750 CV to VM conversion NO START problem.

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

tz375
Moto GP

Re: GT750 CV to VM conversion NO START problem.

Post by tz375 »

Trans oil can get into center or right cylinders which are either side of the primary drive gears. Not on the left though - unless it is getting there via the SRIS hoses. You could block off the hoses with a small ball bearing in each of thr three tubes and see if thr surplus oil is now in a different cylinder.

The most common cause of excess oil in one crankcase is a weeping oil feed check valve.

Just for giggles, I went back to my notes and found that Alan Pulsifier ended up with 125 mains and 30 pilot jets the same carbs with Jemco pipes and foam filters. Jon Fry also used #125 and #30 with chambers.

Oil fouling could be too much fuel mixing with all that surplus oil but may also be a weak spark. Try another news set of plugs. You could go to B7s to get it running and then change back to 8s when the thing is running cleaner.
jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Re: GT750 CV to VM conversion NO START problem.

Post by jabcb »

tz375 wrote:...
Oil fouling could be too much fuel mixing with all that surplus oil but may also be a weak spark. Try another news set of plugs. You could go to B7s to get it running and then change back to 8s when the thing is running cleaner.
+1

I had problems with the right plug cap on my gray GT750. After fixing it, the exhaust produced enough smoke that my driveway started to hazy from the mass quantities of smoke.
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72
T500 69 project & 73 project
T350 69 & 71
Honda 85 CB650SC & 86 CB700SC
09 Triumph Bonneville SE