Acceptable bearing play

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

smokeymon
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: h1,gs550,rz350/sv650/kh400/t500

Acceptable bearing play

Post by smokeymon »

I just received a crankshaft I picked up on flea bay for my t500 motor. The bearings on mine are shot and I got this one for less than new bearings.I was told that this crank had good bearings with no wobble.When it arrived i discovered there is a very small amount of play on the bearings. It looks to be less than 1mm.Before i send it back I wanted to see if a small amount of play is ok or does it have to be none at all.The bearing all feel very smooth and snug otherwise.
daxman
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: A100 GT250 & 4t Yams!

Re: Acceptable bearing play

Post by daxman »

Do you mean side play? 1mm in the vertical plane is a lot IMO.
smokeymon
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: h1,gs550,rz350/sv650/kh400/t500

Post by smokeymon »

I set the crank in the case. It will rock about 2-3mm end to end while sitting in the journals and the end bearings wobble noticeably. I discovered another issue with it though it has a bent rod. I have contacted the seller. He will refund the price but I am in canada and the cost of shipping is outrageous. I am not sure what the end result will be but at this point it is not looking good.
daxman
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: A100 GT250 & 4t Yams!

Post by daxman »

I don't know much about this but I understand the chances of buying any second hand crank that doesn't require a rebuild are 'slight'..
Cliff56
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Original owner GT550L

Post by Cliff56 »

smokeymon wrote:I set the crank in the case. It will rock about 2-3mm end to end while sitting in the journals and the end bearings wobble noticeably. I discovered another issue with it though it has a bent rod. I have contacted the seller. He will refund the price but I am in canada and the cost of shipping is outrageous. I am not sure what the end result will be but at this point it is not looking good.
Send Andre an email at diablocycle.com I'm sure he can help sourcing the parts!