Any pics of cable and wiring routing (t500)

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Splant
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Yr5 t500j

Any pics of cable and wiring routing (t500)

Post by Splant »

As above ,I knew I should have taken more photos before I stripped it down . Also how do you Prime the oil lines ,do you have to take the banjo,s off to squirt oil down them? And there's 3 small crankcase drain bolts underneath but I can only see the 2 inside each crankcase halfs ,where's the other small one drain from? (I'm worried i didn't clean it out) cheers
titan performance
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: TS100, T200, GT250, T500, GT500, GT550, GT750, GS750

Re: Any pics of cable and wiring routing (t500)

Post by titan performance »

Some folk will put a drop of oil in the petrol when priming the pump, but personally, I start the engine, and let it idle while holding the pump actuating arm fully forward...you'll see the oil pulsing along the lines towards the cylinders, the whole process will only be a minute or two.
Keeping old 2 strokes alive !
dollydog
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: several gt250 ramairs

Post by dollydog »

for peace of mind i always pump my oil lines before running the engine. easy enough to do. undo the banjo bolt on top of the oil pump. leave the 2 nylon washers on it and put a normal m6 nut on it, just finger tight is enough. get a squirty type oil can full of 2 stroke oil and press it firmly against the hole in the banjo bolt. then squirt like mad til the oil line[s] are full. using red 2 stroke makes it easier to see in the lines. take the nut off and refit the banjo bolt. repeat for the other side. probably takes longer to type these instructions than to actually do the job :D as to the drain bolts - if they are the same as the t250 - the 3 holes are blanked off [i think suzuki were playing with the idea of an sris type system, but gave up with it] and the 2 holes that use a 14mm socket on the bolts are the actual crank drain bolts. use them if ever you flood the bike and it won't start. they are so useful in that situation. word of warning though, if ever you take them out , make sure you do them up TIGHT. same with the gearbox drain bolts. hope this helps? :D
cheers, dd.
GTS250 road registered. TS250 engine, Ramair frame.
GT250 big bang road registered. Both pistons fire the same time. USD forks.
GT285 road registered. Overbored - 58mm and TS125 +2 pistons fitted.
GT10 road registered. '65 T10 engine, GT250 frame.
Splant
Around the block

Post by Splant »

Great tip about the oil can and 10mm nut ,2 lines bled nicely 2 didn't 1 of each pair .I blocked the good ones off but still only a slight dribble out of the blocked ones I'll have to take them off and have a poke about i suppose.cheers Do the one way banjos come apart to inspect the spring etc? Edit ..I've seen how they come apart ,quite easy to clean them up ,all good now .
1T500closertodivorce
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 197? GT 250, 2000 GSXR 600, 1972 T500J

Post by 1T500closertodivorce »

Here is a pic, not the best! Hopefully more coming.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1T500closertodivorce
On the street

More pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Splant
Around the block

Post by Splant »

Great thanks is that the tachometer going through the hole with main wiring loom ? And does clutch go middle of clocks and just inside of tank ?
1T500closertodivorce
On the street

I am not sure I can give any more info. I will be going off what's in the photos as best as I can. Everything is now completely stripped for powder coating, Good luck!