Rubber Footpeg Bushings--what to do for Powder Coating?

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Olafskii
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 72 GT750, 74 GT750, 75 T500, 76T500, 09 DR650

Rubber Footpeg Bushings--what to do for Powder Coating?

Post by Olafskii »

For powder coating, what do fellows do about the passenger footpeg rubber bushings? I suspect that the powdercoating process would be too hot for these to survive. Can they be pressed out? Or, do they need to be hole sawed out? For re-installing them, what do guys do?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

Olaf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dorT500
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '75 T500M since '93 Ridden it over 100,000 mi

Re: Rubber Footpeg Bushings--what to do for Powder Coating?

Post by dorT500 »

Olafskii wrote:........ Can they be pressed out? Or, do they need to be hole sawed out?
Neither, basically the same as engine bushings and I've gotten bad engine mount bushings out the same way as discussed in the threads below....not fun....but I agree with others that say you can leave those bushings in without the short 300-400 degree? curing time melting them. If you did remove them, you would need to find a generic pair to fit.....may or may not be a problem finding them. Available from Suzuki? I suppose there is chance that muffler hanger, engine mount, or handlebar mount bushings might work but of course some research would be in order to pin it down.

But like mentioned below, they could be left in......your call of course.....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10936&p=149237&hili ... at#p149237" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10859&p=148499&hili ... at#p148499" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"