Rebuilding non rebuild able check valves

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

smokin
Around the block

Rebuilding non rebuild able check valves

Post by smokin »

Hello all, I have posted a thread on the kawasaki triple resource board on how to rebuild the non rebuild able check valves, this is for the larger check valves but it will work for the smaller check valves, you'll have to make small adjustments like the size of the drill bit and vinyl tubing on the pressure tester but it's the same concept with rebuilding these valves. You can get new balls and springs from Volker Schulz at hard-to-find-parts.de it will only cost you $12 to rebuild your check valves. The only problem I'm having is what is the correct pressure release for these valves (psi), I've tested new kawi valves and the pop (pressure release) is 2.5 psi and Volkers ball and spring release at 4 psi so I need to know what the correct release should be, does anybody know?
I have made some tools to put the valves and compression bands back on the oil lines, you just have to cut out the c-clamp just enough to slide the oil line into and push the valve back into the casing then use another clamp cut and drill out a hole large enough for the casement to slide through but small enough so the compression band does not.

http://kawi2strokes.com/forum/viewtopic.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[[URL=http://s772.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img]/url]
smokin
Around the block

Re: Rebuilding non rebuild able check valves

Post by smokin »

Here is the rebuild page.

http://kawi2strokes.com/forum/viewtopic ... 14&t=13394" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
johnakay
I likes them jubblies
Suzuki 2-Strokes: bike

Post by johnakay »

I read somewhere that you can buy kawasaki ones that will fit the suzuki's?
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership
sportston
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: FZ50, GP100, RG125 Gamma, GT380, Bandit 1200S

Post by sportston »

johnakay wrote:I read somewhere that you can buy kawasaki ones that will fit the suzuki's?
Yes. They are identical. I and several others have them on their GTs. The Kawasaki ones don't fit every Suzuki with CCI, but if you have a GT380 or 550 they do, but I'm not sure which other models.
The trick is removing the old ones without damaging the plastic pipework!
Now if only we knew where to get the materials to make new plastic pipes....
smokin
Around the block

Post by smokin »

I think the kawasaki valves were made for the small engines as that is what they were made for and a lower pressure release 2.5 psi, so on the bigger bikes you maybe getting a little over oiled. Can someone who has changed over to the kawi valves let as know how it's working out. If it's over oiling a little then changing over to the 4 psi ball and spring will cut the over oiling down.
sportston
Expert racer

Post by sportston »

smokin wrote:I think the kawasaki valves were made for the small engines as that is what they were made for and a lower pressure release 2.5 psi, so on the bigger bikes you maybe getting a little over oiled. Can someone who has changed over to the kawi valves let as know how it's working out. If it's over oiling a little then changing over to the 4 psi ball and spring will cut the over oiling down.
Are you sure? I would have thought that the oil pump regulates how much oil is injected, not the non-return valves.
smokin
Around the block

Post by smokin »

When the pop (release) is less than the factory setting you are getting more oil not a lot, so if the pop is higher you get less oil. The pump creates the pressure and the valve releases once it hits a certain point (psi), over time or use the spring gets weaker that's why they start to smoke more.
sportston
Expert racer

Post by sportston »

Ah right. I wasn't aware of that. I thought it was a volume pump, not a pressure pump.
rbond
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by rbond »

Why can't the oil lines be replaced with a non oem, not plastic lines?
GTandcbr
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: suzuki gt 550j

Post by GTandcbr »

If the motor is over oiling with the lower pop valves, cant we just adjust the pump control cable to reduce the flow?
98 carb Blackbird and GT550j
sportston
Expert racer

Post by sportston »

rbond wrote:Why can't the oil lines be replaced with a non oem, not plastic lines?
That is a good idea in principal. What would you use? and how would you connect the lines to the valves?