Manual fuel Petcock 74 GT380

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Boise
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT380 1974

Manual fuel Petcock 74 GT380

Post by Boise »

For my 74 GT380, I'd like to ditch the vacuum-controlled petcock (still leaky after a rebuild) so I can turn to a real "off" position to run the fuel all the way out of the carbs by running it before storage without dumping gas out the carb drains (one drain is not accessible anyhow).
Yeah, I could replace with similar crossing part to the orig 44300-33150, and pull off the vac line, but I'd rather just have a manual unit.

See an option to use a universal cock with an adapter plate on ebay, but this adaptation is not optimal in my mind.

So, has success with finding and bolting up directly, a non-vac type, 44mm on-center, OEM petcock such as from a dirtbike or ATV?
I'm not having luck finding the bolt hole dims on the many OEM options (most that show it are 34mm), though it looks like a dirt unit from Suzuki could fit but for the mystery of the bolt on-center size.

Thanks in advance.
Boise
daxman
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: A100 GT250 & 4t Yams!

Re: Manual fuel Petcock 74 GT380

Post by daxman »

HI - indeed - same here. 34mm taps everywhere for tenner or less but nothing for 44mm. I think adapter plate is your only option..