T250 Clocks Refurbishment

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Doss1961
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T250 Hustler

T250 Clocks Refurbishment

Post by Doss1961 »

Hello
Does anybody know if the outer bodies and perpsex lenses for a T250 1971r are available anywhere they are black with a Chrome band and silver at the bottom. I have just received mine back from a guy called Peter Bond in London he charged me £430 and they are a mess the only thing he has done is repaired the internals and had the bands rechromed [which is poor]. I rang and complained but was fobbed off he said that he is the only bloke in the world that repairs vintage Japanese clocks and that's the best he can do. He did not mention any of this when I sent him a Cheque which he cashed before starting the work.
I did find a guy on eBay who makes the outer bodie for Suzuki T250.350& 500 but they are different I think there from the later models than mine.

When you look on his website there are numerous photos of badly damaged clocks which have been restored to pristine condition which is what I expected but was sadly let down I did read some negative reviews on other owners club websites but like a fool I thought I would give him the benefit and I could not find anyone else in the classic mags.

These clocks have been the most expensive single item I've had restored and they are the part which will let the restoration down.

There is motto here a fool and his money is soon parted.
dollydog
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: several gt250 ramairs

Re: T250 Clocks Refurbishment

Post by dollydog »

try this, i used it to refurb my own :D
http://www.1970sjapmotorbikeparts.co.uk ... ctions.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cheers, dd.
GTS250 road registered. TS250 engine, Ramair frame.
GT250 big bang road registered. Both pistons fire the same time. USD forks.
GT285 road registered. Overbored - 58mm and TS125 +2 pistons fitted.
GT10 road registered. '65 T10 engine, GT250 frame.
Zunspec4
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R, SV1000S, TS125, Seeley T500

Post by Zunspec4 »

Hi Doss1961,

You needed to look no further than this very board. Suzsmokeyallan is an expert clock restorer and often posts photos of his restoration work on here. His craftmanship is second to none.

Cheers Geoff
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Not to take anything away from Allan, he does excellent work from what I have seen, but there's a guy on the Kettle Clinic site that does clocks in the UK that may be able to help you out.