T20 Injection check valves

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

mikthebik
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550, T20(3), T125 VStrom 650

T20 Injection check valves

Post by mikthebik »

Looking to change the injection lines to an NOS set, or install new check valves. The new valves from 1970sjapmotorbikeparts ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/173241258740?ul_noapp=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) in the UK are for the T250/T305 etc. which uses a different pump. Am assuming the valves are the correct physical size, but question if the pressure from the spring is compatible with the T20 pump. Any advice from the collective wisdom??
Glyn.G
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT380 B- Yamaha FZ1

Re: T20 Injection check valves

Post by Glyn.G »

Hi mikthebik,
There are some of us on here, me included that have tried the check valves you mention from Dudley UK. Some have had good results and some found they were not up to the job. I'm one of the ones that had no luck with them, I ordered 6 for my GT380 and when I tested them I discovered 2 worked ok, 3 leaked letting oil flood through, and 1 wouldn't let oil through at all. May be it's his machining method / set up that is not constant throughout the machining process but I would not risk using them.
I ended up buying a set of Genuine Kawasaki Triple valves from Partzilla Part No 06128-009 which are exactly the same as the Suzuki valves. They work fine on my 380 and I have put over 2000 miles on the clock since fitting them. I would think they would be ok for your bike but better check first.
Hope this helps,
Glyn.
mikthebik
Still in the Driveway

Post by mikthebik »

Turns out the T20 check valves are not in the line, but in the hollow bolt connecting the banjo to the case. :oops:
We were able to recondition the valves with carb cleaner and a soak in the ultrasonic cleaner. Would still like to
pursue getting some of the Kawi triple banjos with check valves. Should the T20 valves fail, it would be an easy
adaptation to gut the T20 valves and use the Kawi banjos with their valves. I've looked up the Kawi part# posted by Glyn (06128-009 ) and it does not equate to any Kawi part. I'm hoping Glyn, or someone else may have an update to that number pointing to an available banjo...
Thanks,
MikeC
Glyn.G
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT380 B- Yamaha FZ1

Post by Glyn.G »

Sorry MikeC,
My mistake should of been 16128-009 from Partzilla, my eye sight ain't what it used to be. :oops:
Regards,
Glyn.
mikthebik
Still in the Driveway

Post by mikthebik »

Thanks Glyn, but there's still an issue. I had changed the numbers around and did some searching. That (16128-009) was one I did try, but the valves are for smaller, typically 80cc to 175cc Kawi singles (https://www.partzilla.com/product/kawasaki/16128-009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ), not the Kawi triples. I then looked at my GT550's banjos fitted to the case and they are the same size as those on most all oil pumps, about 13.5mm diameter. The banjos on the T20 are the same size as Kawi triples. I have a friend who has, and is, restoring them for auction, so I checked last week. They're about 17.5mm. The EBay add for those in the UK appear to be the smaller size, which makes sense, if they fit your 380. Good news is, that if my 550 needs valves when I split the cases in the near future, to replace the right side crank seal, I'll be able to replace with the 16128-009 part.. :up:

Unfortunately, the Kawi triple banjos that fir into the case are not available separately, but looking at the spare lines my friend has, it appears the are a barbed banjo, so I'll try to source a used set on Ebay to determine if they can be adapted.

Sorry your suggestion won't work for the T20, but I learned a lot, so all is good. :)

Cheers,
MikeC
sportston
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: FZ50, GP100, RG125 Gamma, GT380, Bandit 1200S

Post by sportston »

mikthebik wrote:
Unfortunately, the Kawi triple banjos that fir into the case are not available separately, but looking at the spare lines my friend has, it appears the are a barbed banjo, so I'll try to source a used set on Ebay to determine if they can be adapted.
I just bought and fitted a set of Kawasaki triple banjos to my GT380. They are available separately. They have a barbed fitting and are identical to the suzuki ones.
mikthebik
Still in the Driveway

Post by mikthebik »

sportston wrote:
mikthebik wrote:
I just bought and fitted a set of Kawasaki triple banjos to my GT380. They are available separately. They have a barbed fitting and are identical to the suzuki ones.
If you re-read the thread :roll: , yes the banjos to fit the Suzi air cooled triples (not sure about the Buff) ARE available separately. I've checked, and re-checked the online parts diagrams for the Kawi triples and have found no indication the banjos are available separately. The part # Glyn referenced is for the smaller Kawi singles , is available separately and WILL fit the GT380 case. That banjo is smaller than the one that fits into the cases of the Kawi triples AND the T20 Suzi case. Those bikes have small banjos on the oil pump side and larger banjos on the case. The Suzi triples use the same size, smaller, banjos on both the oil pump and cases.
sportston
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: FZ50, GP100, RG125 Gamma, GT380, Bandit 1200S

Post by sportston »

Ah right. Sorry seems I misunderstood. Not sure if mine were the small or the large items you mention. All I know is the part was listed as
VALVE,CHECK - 16128009
I had to wait for a few weeks while they came from Japan.
I just checked they fit the KH100 so I guess must be the smaller one you are talking about. I was under the misapprehension they also fitted the KH triples