GT550 ENGINE BARS???

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

johnakay
I likes them jubblies
Suzuki 2-Strokes: bike

GT550 ENGINE BARS???

Post by johnakay »

I have a chance of making these small engine crash bars.
similar to the GT750 ones.
I've been offered a set on loan but before I take a plunged in making a jig etc.
how likely will these sell.
I've 3 others over the years namely Z650,Z1000 and a yamaha but cannot remember what model for sure .
these did not sell well at all so I stopped making them ,so I dont want to do this again.
besides I'm now more or less retired and will only make 20 of each grab rail a year --T250,350-T500-GT380,550,750
some time even less ,depend what I've got left when I come to make more eg if I've got 5 x T500 I'll only make another 5 and thats it for the year.
I've no need to make anything else but I will just to help others out with their resto.
I will not be chroming these but you will have two choices if I go a head none chrome or powder coated.
price will be around the £90/100 mark all depends on how long these take to knock up.
tubing ? 20mm dia x 2 mm wall or 22mm dia x 1.5mm wall. I bend these by hand and 22mm x 2mm wall is a bit much for me to bend.
let me know what you guys think. john
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership
tennesseetwostroke
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550L x2 TS400

Re: GT550 ENGINE BARS???

Post by tennesseetwostroke »

I have been looking for small engine crashbars for a GT550 for some time. This is a link to a photobucket picture of the type I was interested in.http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah4 ... qjoziq.jpg. If you can't see that image you can pm me and I will send it to you. I bought a repo grab bar from someone on ebay it may have been you.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

I have some similar on the Hippo (GT750) and quite like them, but they are a bit like marmite in that some like 'em and some don't. I have a set of 'standard' crash bars for this resto, so I don't need any more. Good luck with them John, I'm sure they'll sell. Pity the frame mounts are all different unless you can do standard ones with different ends.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
johnakay
I likes them jubblies
Suzuki 2-Strokes: bike

Post by johnakay »

I posted this on the kettle forum and so far no one responded.
think I'll give this miss due to variations on mounts and I cant be done with all this at this stage.
like I've I dont need to make these any more now..
for you guys in the USA I've been told that emgo sell these???
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership