Replacement led headlight

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Skaal-tel
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 suzuki T500

Replacement led headlight

Post by Skaal-tel »

Hey, just passing the info along if anyone else is interested in a good upgrade to their headlight.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06ZZ9 ... UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bolts right up. Same square bushings inside, so I was able to re-use the factory nuts with the ground wires attached. Even the "bulb" itself had the exactly correct plug for our bike.
I had to switch the low and high beam wires but that was it.
It's not often an aftermarket part fits like it should.

I'm happy I won't have to guess if the headlight is on while I'm riding.
RossB
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: RD400 T500 Titan GT550

Re: Replacement led headlight

Post by RossB »

Very cool will that fit 1973 GT550?
sportston
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: FZ50, GP100, RG125 Gamma, GT380, Bandit 1200S

Post by sportston »

Skaal-tel wrote: I'm happy I won't have to guess if the headlight is on while I'm riding.
Hahaha. Yes some classic bikes do have rather poor quality lights compared to more modern fare.
Mind you, of all the classic machines I've had, the one with the best light was...an MZ with 6v electrics!
It defies logic, I know. I wonder why Honda and Suzuki couldn't make their 12v offerings of the same era as efficient.
tj2
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: sv650 sv1000 gs650 ts250 gt185 gt250 gsx250

Post by tj2 »

Keeping my Ramair 250 almost original, fitted a later headlamp with fitting for h4 bulb and used a 35/35 h4 loos the same but can actually see at night and as is same as original wattage, no extra load on genny

Cheers Terry
Gold 1974 GT250 regularly ridden like it should be. Blue 1976 GT750 under restoration/rebuild ready for abuse. Now registered and on the road !!
Skaal-tel
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 suzuki T500

Post by Skaal-tel »

RossB wrote:Very cool will that fit 1973 GT550?
I'm not sure - if you have a 6.5" headlight then most likely - yes.
The amazon reviews show another guy used it on his '75 ts250 with no problems.

I've got it wired up now so the blue ring comes on with the key, and low/high as you would expect.

And yeah, lowbeam in the dark was honestly impossible to see over streetlights or anything else. It won't take much to upgrade!
m in sc
On the main road

Post by m in sc »

ive had very good luck retrofitting led inserts into old reflectors. I do plan on replacing the candle in the t500 here real soon. (especially since it has a horseshoe reflector with a replaceable bulb that somehow is still fully operational)

here was a non destructive mod i figured out last year. works well. (this is on yet another bike). and it does give good beam for night driving w/out being obnoxious

a piston crown is no place for a sunroof