1969 Suzuki T-125 Stinger

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

robert campbell
Around the block

1969 Suzuki T-125 Stinger

Post by robert campbell »

Hello,
I have spent some time on this board and have just picked up a 1969 Suzuki T-125 Stinger project bike. It needs quite a few parts to be put back into running condition. I was wondering if anyone had a wiring schematic? First blush on some parts are:

Seat foam and seat cover
Handle bar
Front fender
Ignition switch and fork lock with key.
Shift lever and kick starter
All the cables
Would like new point and condesor sets
Mirrors
Speedo and Tach
Clutch and brake lever

This is a first blush and I will disasseble it for a complete turn around. At the same time I am not into concurs correct, but just decent parts to make it a fun bike to ride around my lake area. It turns over, but I will dig into the engine to make sure it is ok. May need some engine parts at that time.

Anyone with any parts please let me know. I have seen some on Ebay. My phone number is (360) 377-5164 and I live in the Seattle area.

Rob
Zunspec4
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R, SV1000S, TS125, Seeley T500

Re: 1969 Suzuki T-125 Stinger

Post by Zunspec4 »

Hi Rob,

A great project :up:. The Stinger is unique in it's engine configuration for a road bike and as it was only in production for 2-3 years parts are going to take some searching for. One of the columnists in the UK magazine Classic Motorcycle Mechanics has been featuring his Stinger restoration off and on for a number of years (finally concluded in the Jan 2018 issue).

Good luck with the project, it will be worthwhile when you get it finished :up:

Cheers Geoff
robert campbell
Around the block

I picked up a second T125 Stinger and now have some parts if someone needs them. I have pipes, a tranny, carbs, a frame, back fender and other small parts.

Rob
robert campbell
Around the block

The Stinger runs!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmKsz-P ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RayinHouston
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T350 and TrailHopper

Post by RayinHouston »

Way to go.... out standing............. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Raymond Johnson in south Texas
"Live Life"
GTandcbr
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: suzuki gt 550j

Post by GTandcbr »

Congratulations! I love to see unusual bikes being restored.
98 carb Blackbird and GT550j
robert campbell
Around the block

Hi all,
Been a little slow on putting up some videos! check it out. since this, I got a longer front brake cable and am still hoping to see the gauges in a month or so. It is painted "go green go" and as you can see I took some liberties on the paint scheme. I hope to chrome the stingers, heat silds and the headlight bracket and trim ring this winter. I have an original T-125 front fender, and may paint it green also. It runs awesome. Even carrying my 230 pound body around!! It was running a bit of premix at the time of this vid. It is now running solely on the oil injection system. Smokes a bit less now.

Rob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLw4vjwuL2Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dorT500
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '75 T500M since '93 Ridden it over 100,000 mi

Post by dorT500 »

I love it also. :) In fact, a few years ago on another forum there was a 'Top ten bikes you would like to own' post and the Stinger was in my list along with a few Hondas and other makes.

Too cool. :up:
Indy650
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '74 GT250

Post by Indy650 »

very, very cool! Sounds like you have some tuning to do though couldn't tell for sure but it sounded like it was one cylinder and when you would choke it the second would come alive. Might be a simple air screw adjustment.
daxman
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: A100 GT250 & 4t Yams!

Post by daxman »

I love them like two fizzy engines strapped together with up-swept exhausts - what's not to like?!

Err, the colour is very, ermm, 'vivid' isn't it?
robert campbell
Around the block

Yup, you either hate the color or love it!! I will take no offense! It was cold in the vid and once warmed up it runs just fine on both cylinders! I have a decent rear and front fender that could be re-plated. We all know what re-plating costs these days. If you guys have a good source, I would like to re-chrome the stingers, heat shields, the headlight trim ring, and the headlight bracket.

Can't wait to get the gauges mounted!!

Rob
cobraace
Around the block

Post by cobraace »

Hi Robert looks good do you have any engine parts?
robert campbell
Around the block

I have a transmission that is split apart. Not sure if it is all there. No crankshaft. I have two .050 over cylinders and the pistons and rings that were in them. Also the wrist pins and bearings. The first video on this thread was it running on them. I have two 1969 chrome exhaust pipes and heat shields. One baffle is damaged. No stinger cans on them. One capture nut for the heat shield is gone on each pipe. I left you a pm of a lot of frame and body parts I have. I also have a decent seat with the chrome trim that could be rebuilt with new foam and seat cover.

I have lots of odds and ends. Let me know what you might need!

Rob
robert campbell
Around the block

These Suzuki T-125 parts are way cheap. Many for free if you pay shipping! Give me a call at (360) 377-5164. Or pm me for what you may want. Before I toss them in the trash.

Rob
robert campbell
Around the block

Stinger is finally pretty much done except for blinkers and a horn. It is a 1969 full restoration, but not faithful to the year. I love the go Green Go Mopar paint color!! I have a decent front and rear fender, but painted a Yamaha fender and a very rusty Suzuki rear fender. I love all the color and I hope it does not make to many people cringe. I can go back easily if I wish to. Many thanks to Paul Miller and a special thanks to Allan Tucker for the gauge work. Allan took about seven of my carcass's to make this outstanding pair. And for a very fair price!! They are outstanding. I may get the heat shields and the stingers rechromed this winter. Enjoy. I love this bike!!

Rob