Suzuki GT750 Crank Seal Replacement

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

MetalMasteR1
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: lots o' bikes

Suzuki GT750 Crank Seal Replacement

Post by MetalMasteR1 »

For those of you out there that are a part of the kettle club then you have probably experienced some crank seal leakage at some point or another. Well replacing these crank seals is a huge task and can get very expensive once you crack open the cases.

Well I have a solution for you when you decide to replace the right side crank seal behind the generator. I have a kit that comes with a shaft sleeve and new oil seal that you can install without splitting the cases. An average rebuild cost is well into the $1000s when you consider the cost of labor, parts, and obviously some tasteful upgrades that we all love. The hardest part of this process is ripping out the old seal without damaging the seal seats. The stock crank seal has a tang that sits in a groove inside the cases. This kit presses in from the outside, eliminating the need to split the cases. I only have a kit for the right side for now and it's guaranteed to seal.

Specifically for 25mm crank shaft end(right side). kit comes with 1 new oil seal and 1 new shaft sleeve. Cost is $110 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Interenational shipping available. Contact me on here or my email is jake@bleedforspeed.com. Don't forget to check out our facebook/bleedforspeed.com and instagram @bleedforspeed.

Thanks guys!!
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: Suzuki GT750 Crank Seal Replacement

Post by Alan H »

Trouble is, if one has gone, they're all on the way out so just do it properly.
Also an introduction is nice before 'I want to sell'.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
MetalMasteR1
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: lots o' bikes

Post by MetalMasteR1 »

Eh, not necessarily. By the way, my name is Jake. I run Bleed For Speed out of Southern California. I recently rebuilt a 73 gt750 and the crank seal that was supplied to my customer was faulty. it leaked within 15 minutes of starting the motor. All other seals were fine. This was a unique circumstance but in most cases, at least from my experience, only one seal goes out. This is a simple solution to replacing the right side seal without justifying an entire motor rebuild. It should be pretty helpful to those who get really irritated with leaky triples and it'll save you the cost of an entire motor breakdown.
sportston
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: FZ50, GP100, RG125 Gamma, GT380, Bandit 1200S

Post by sportston »

Thats a pretty rare circumstance. To be honest, 9 times out of 10 it would be a waste of time and money. I'm with Alan; do the lot. If one seal is faulty the rest cannot be trusted.