T/GT500 FORKS?

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

johnakay
I likes them jubblies
Suzuki 2-Strokes: bike

T/GT500 FORKS?

Post by johnakay »

I'm considering in buying another T500 or maybe a GT500 again.
what front end will fit these bikes.
I need a disc etc on the front that will slow down the bike quickly.
the last T500 I had had drum brakes and nearly ran off the road a couple of times.lol
thats the trouble riding two bikes but not at the same time as I've only got one ass thankfully.
at the time I had the last of the carb fazer600 you could stop on a dollar but the 500 the back brake worked better.
the front did work to start then it started to fade..
must admit I did regretted selling my last bike .
beside not being able to slow down quick enough wasn't the only reason why I sold her.
after all the work that I put into her it was disheartening to see see my effort started to go pear shape.
chrome was rubbing off the indicators ,rust spots appearing on the rims(my fault for riding when road salt was on the road during winter)
powder coat started to bubble up in places around the fixings etc.wasn't charging fault was wire was crossed so it was fixed but by that time I've already decided to let it go.
had a customer in the other to collect 18 grab rails for the triple kawasaki's.(bought rails off me twice)
he restored them bikes and he use to import the suzy 500's but made very little on them so he discontinued doing them up.
I ask him can he get me a good one cheap enough..paying nearly 2 grand for a wreck of a bike is a bit hard to swallow for me.
he knows of 4 good bikes but I said I would like one that I dont have to start buying or re-chroming etc. I want one to ride as is.
he side that those plastic side panels are usually missing not a problem I said as long as it all there dont mind if it need repainting or seat recovering but everything has to work and also no damage to silencers..
he said he'll get me a good one for around 2.5 grand(uk pounds)
dont mind either bikes GT or T500.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership
jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Re: T/GT500 FORKS?

Post by jabcb »

There easy an easy upgrade if you get a GT500 and want a better front brake. The Suzuki GS forum figured out how to upgrade to a more-modern twin piston caliper. A forum member sells an adapter that make its fairly easy. That’s what we did on the GT250 cafe build & will do on the T500 cafe build.
Pic of the rotor + caliper on the GT250 is here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12998&start=30

Upgrading to a GS front end seems pretty common. They have better damping. Around 1981 Suzuki started using fork tube bushing that really help with static friction.
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72
T500 69 project & 73 project
T350 69 & 71
Honda 85 CB650SC & 86 CB700SC
09 Triumph Bonneville SE
johnakay
I likes them jubblies
Suzuki 2-Strokes: bike