cruzinimage_co GT550 CONROD set

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Vintageman
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suz, Yam, Honda, Kaw.

cruzinimage_co GT550 CONROD set

Post by Vintageman »

Hello,

Has anyone here purchased and installed cruzinimage_co GT550 COnRod set. Says he sold 10 on eBay. I am sure material is good quality just curious if they reverse engineered them OK: All key dimension as they should be?
Did you use the needle bearing or bought NOS instead.

Thanks
Current Bikes
74 GT250 (T350 upgrade),
76 GT250 (T350 upgrade),
71 T350,
70 T350,
74 GT380,
75 T500,
73 GT550,
75 GT750,
72 Yamaha DS7 (R5 upgrade),
77 Yamaha RD400 (Daytona Cyls),
Vintageman
Expert racer

Re: cruzinimage_co GT550 CONROD set

Post by Vintageman »

Looks like no one on this forum used these GT550 Conrods from the man.

Well, the bike I was trying to buy fell through the crack due to no time to get to it :(
Current Bikes
74 GT250 (T350 upgrade),
76 GT250 (T350 upgrade),
71 T350,
70 T350,
74 GT380,
75 T500,
73 GT550,
75 GT750,
dollydog
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: several gt250 ramairs

Post by dollydog »

hi vintageman, if i ever see 'i've sold x amount of these' and sometimes it runs into hundreds in which case ebay promotes it .
if only about 10 or 12 sold, i usually look at the feedback for that seller. if there's a bunch of negatives for an item, like: these conrods are complete crap, engine blew up after half an hour, then you know not to buy.
btw, i've never had anything off cruzinimage that was cheap and nasty, it's always been good quality :D
cheers, dd.
GTS250 road registered. TS250 engine, Ramair frame.
GT250 big bang road registered. Both pistons fire the same time. USD forks.
GT285 road registered. Overbored - 58mm and TS125 +2 pistons fitted.
GT10 road registered. '65 T10 engine, GT250 frame.
Andrew McIvor
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550, RM500, Busa, DR650, T500, T350

Post by Andrew McIvor »

I too am looking to rebuild a GT550 crank. The bearing that has the Suzuki Part# 09269-25010, which has been replaced with Suzuki Part# 09269-25011 is available as a marine part, and partzilla for a GT185. I cannot get a picture of this part to see whether the lip is like the NOS parts that are on ebay. The price seems to be about $34 US.
Suzuki Part#09262-25036 is also available from partzilla at $26 US.

If i could get a picture or better yet an engineering drawing of these bearings i would feel much better about giving somebody a couple of hundred bucks.

that said, they are not in stock but come up as available when i talk to the staff.

I have had no luck with connecting rods other than something on ebay with a scrap of paper with the part number on it.

If someone has a cruzinimage crank rebuild kit for the GT550 then a picture of the bearing that passes for a 25011 would be very useful. Or i will have to buy a rebuild kit to educate myself.

I'm praying none of my connecting rods needs to be replaced.

The pursuit of crank parts is a wandering road.

Best Regards: Andy
wavehog33
On the main road

Post by wavehog33 »

Vintageman wrote:Hello,

Has anyone here purchased and installed cruzinimage_co GT550 COnRod set. Says he sold 10 on eBay. I am sure material is good quality just curious if they reverse engineered them OK: All key dimension as they should be?
Did you use the needle bearing or bought NOS instead.

Thanks
I bought the entire connecting rod and the crank bearings and seals from a cruizn image for my GT380. Then had Bill Bune build the entire crank. Had about a thousand miles on it when the lower rod bearing cage failed and blew the parts all over deals gap. All of the crank bearings were junk, the Pistons though held up fine and I would probably run those again. I did replace everything though with Suzuki parts the second time
Vintageman
Expert racer

Post by Vintageman »

dollydog wrote:i usually look at the feedback for that seller. if there's a bunch of negatives for an item, like: these conrods are complete crap, engine blew up after half an hour, then you know not to buy.
btw, i've never had anything off cruzinimage that was cheap and nasty, it's always been good quality
#1 This rod kit is very new so not sure feedback available. #2 I think it will take time to prove if OK s and unless you save post you want be able to leave feedback. #3 I wonder how many people ride their bikes ... I ride my bikes a lot and it will take up to a couple thousand miles before an out of tolerance fit gets worse and fails. The issue I have seen is when he reverse engineers an item a key machine dimension or two can be off. Not sure all parts are that way why I ask. If I get a set I will measure against blueprint. I was hoping someone here has done this save me wasting time. Please reply if you have. I will definitely verify before I use and if out of spec I won't. Part up spare cranks I have to get a good rod or two
Andrew McIvor wrote:I'm praying none of my connecting rods needs to be replaced.
Unfortunately I see rods bad simply due to moisture that collects in air pockets due to roller type needle bearing.

wavehog33 wrote:about a thousand miles on it when the lower rod bearing cage failed and blew the parts all over deals gap.
That is why I said when I started this post did you use his needle bearing or use OEM? If I buy his rods I would only use the rod and pin (if NA oem). I would go OEM on all bearing, these are proven yes! I have bought other rod kits and usually the OEM bearing is better. I can't image the metallurgy of the rods is poor, just want to verify machine tolerances. Even a few extra 10 thou of an inch extra will shorten Rod/bearing/pin life.

But if you need a rod and his is OK then his is OK. Someone needs to get them and measure against blueprint
Current Bikes
74 GT250 (T350 upgrade),
76 GT250 (T350 upgrade),
71 T350,
70 T350,
74 GT380,
75 T500,
73 GT550,
75 GT750,
Syd
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 72 T500J, 72 Kaw H1-B, 71 CB750 K1, 67 A7SS

Post by Syd »

You need to be careful when ordering parts from cruzinimage. The T350 set they supplied for my current restoration project, the crank pins were 7mm shorter than the originals. Everything else was fine, just short crank pins. They said return the complete order which did not help me at all as the rods and bearings were fine. I asked for a part refund to help pay for the correct crank pins that I had to sourced and at that point, the shutters came down and now they will not answer my messages via ebay at all. Not impressed..