T500 Replacement wheels

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Skaal-tel
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 suzuki T500

T500 Replacement wheels

Post by Skaal-tel »

I've recently discovered the front wheel on my 74 titan is badly warped. Appears to have hit something, I guess.

Would something like this work as a replacement?

https://www.amazon.ca/D-I-D-19X185VS01S ... .85x19+rim" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe the front is a 1.85x19 rim. Essentially the only modern replacements available are dirt bike rims. I've seen this size available from moose racing, excel, warp 9 and DID. Most range from 150 -300 cdn without spokes.

Which is hilarious, because I bought 16" billet aluminum custom backspaced centerline wheels for 250 each, but I digress.

What have board members done for replacement wheels?
titan performance
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: TS100, T200, GT250, T500, GT500, GT550, GT750, GS750

Re: T500 Replacement wheels

Post by titan performance »

http://www.central-wheel.co.uk/price_li ... e_list.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sure you can probably get these cheaper in the USA.....they do pop up on Ebay as well.
Keeping old 2 strokes alive !
Jimroid
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT500 T500 GT750

Post by Jimroid »

If it is only warped, you should be able to true it up.If it is bent,that is another story.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

Skaal-tel wrote:I've recently discovered the front wheel on my 74 titan is badly warped. Appears to have hit something, I guess.
Hit something hard enough to warp the rim, you wouldn't 'guess' it'd hit something!

I've seen this size available from moose racing, excel, warp 9 and DID. Most range from 150 -300 cdn without spokes.
That seems to be about the going rate.

What have board members done for replacement wheels?
Plenty of modern replacements in the UK or on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-S ... SwT6pV6IQW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or in the US.
Up to you of course, but the rims are punched for a particular hub, so may be no good at all as the spokes won't sit properly. Better to get the correct one.
Dunno what the shipping would be though. Are the spokes OK or need replacing too - or just one or two?
At least you know that genuine fit correctly.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Skaal-tel
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 suzuki T500

Post by Skaal-tel »

Thanks for the great replies.

I'm in Canada, and not even in a big city, so everything is shipping shipping shipping. I agree original is best.. but 300 for a rim is steep.

That link on UK ebay is an excel wheel. Might be able to find those locally.

And as far as guessing on a hit --- I wasn't riding the bike when it happened. I've come across this project by accident and here I am trying to fix it up. Suffering.

Coming along