Handlebar measurements

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

andyd
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1973 gt380 CB550f, W650, XJ6, S3, RZ 350

Handlebar measurements

Post by andyd »

Hi, can anyone give me the measurements for the handlebars on a gt380. The bike I am doing up came with some daggy looking Clubman bars and I would like to get a set as close to original as possible, I would need, width, rise and pullback with centre.
Many thanks Andy Australia
sportston
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: FZ50, GP100, RG125 Gamma, GT380, Bandit 1200S

Re: Handlebar measurements

Post by sportston »

andyd wrote:Hi, can anyone give me the measurements for the handlebars on a gt380. The bike I am doing up came with some daggy looking Clubman bars and I would like to get a set as close to original as possible, I would need, width, rise and pullback with centre.
Many thanks Andy Australia
While I don't know the measurements I do know that two different types were fitted. One set being taller than the other. It may be useful to decide which type did you want and make sure you get the correct dimensions for that style.
Also, according to which bars you have you may need the correct length cables to suit. Suzuki gave the choice of long or short cables.
I too am restoring a GT380 so feel free to consult me and compare notes. I don't know everything about the GT380, but I've found it an interesting experience so far.
What model do you have?
andyd
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1973 gt380 CB550f, W650, XJ6, S3, RZ 350

Post by andyd »

Thanks for your reply, I found a couple of measurements somewhere on the net they were 735mm wide and 125mm rise, I fiddled around and did some measurements myself and came up with a pair very close to fitting good. I am restoring this one as a rider so it wont be concourse but gone right through to make it a reliable bike. The cables fit nearly perfect on these bars so I am happy with what I got.
The bike is a 73 K model, The biggest problem was the oil injector non return valves but I fitted some (new) from a Kawasaki and they were perfect. I am up to the paint stage now and will be painting in the original Coronado Blue or as close as I can get, but overall it has been a good project, one of many.
sportston
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: FZ50, GP100, RG125 Gamma, GT380, Bandit 1200S

Post by sportston »

andyd wrote:Thanks for your reply, I found a couple of measurements somewhere on the net they were 735mm wide and 125mm rise, I fiddled around and did some measurements myself and came up with a pair very close to fitting good. I am restoring this one as a rider so it wont be concourse but gone right through to make it a reliable bike. The cables fit nearly perfect on these bars so I am happy with what I got.
The bike is a 73 K model, The biggest problem was the oil injector non return valves but I fitted some (new) from a Kawasaki and they were perfect. I am up to the paint stage now and will be painting in the original Coronado Blue or as close as I can get, but overall it has been a good project, one of many.
Interesting, what kawasaki non-return valves did you get and how much did they cost?