T250 Oil Pipes.

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

alfiemorris
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '71 T250. '63 Ariel Leader. '73 T500

T250 Oil Pipes.

Post by alfiemorris »

I've been trying to "bleed" my left side (near side) oil line with no success. I can see what little oil I had in them just going back and forth. Having taken both sides off now, I was expecting to find a leak somewhere around the middle joint where the pipe divides into two. There appears to be no sign of a leak but I tried blowing back up the pipes one at a time while putting my finger and thumb over the other c/c union. I didn't think this would be possible because of the check valve but I can blow back up both. Couple of questions. What has happened to the check valves, can they be brought back into use or is it possible to remove the brass unions in order to clean them up?
Some people say I'm a complete fool. Ah! But some parts are missing.
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Re: T250 Oil Pipes.

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

I'm not certain what style of pipes you have - but you can often repair them. Just do a search of this board and there is plenty of information available. You can also check my web site at this link for what I use currently. 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
akendall1966
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500_MKIII

Post by akendall1966 »

Having stripped a few check valves, I have observed old oil looses the more volatile components and turns jelly like around the spring. A soak in petrol may revive the action of the valve.
grumpy56
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1970 T350 Restored; 1972 GT380 Build

Post by grumpy56 »

On occasion, the lines on my T350 have developed air bubbles and I also had to replace a set due to a leak at the junction. I use a syringe and wrap a rag as tight as I can around the inlet side (oil pump) and am able to squeeze oil through until it comes out the other side (with the expected oil mess of course). That seems to get everything working again. If you need a new line, PM me. I recall having one line (don't remember if its left or right) and my guess is the T350 is the same as the T250 (let me know the T250 P/N).
alfiemorris
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '71 T250. '63 Ariel Leader. '73 T500

Post by alfiemorris »

Thanks for the advices all. I've bought some off ebay, the remanufactured ones, and all seems fine now. :up:
Some people say I'm a complete fool. Ah! But some parts are missing.