GT550 Rebuild and Restomod

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

kadavenport
On the street

Re: GT550 Rebuild and Restomod

Post by kadavenport »

dgoodsy wrote:Did you do all your own bending, rolling and cutting?
I did. Bent using steel angle, rolled using the pipe and clamp set up that is pictured above, and cut using mostly a band saw.
Kyle D.
dgoodsy
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '72 gt750

Post by dgoodsy »

I see the slip roll now! Very good, keep up the good work and keep the updates and pictures coming!
'72 GT750
kadavenport
On the street

Post by kadavenport »

Round three of welding, grinding, sanding, and now throw in some polish. Pretty happy with the results on my first aluminum welding project though.

Kyle D.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

fest1996 wrote:Have something interesting for you about GT550 8) , visit me :arrow: at url=https://goo.gl/RPa430/this/url site. I am sure you will be happy to see this :!: :wink:

Hmmmmmm.

Did a search and found this............
there's a new worm going around. Beware of bad Goo.gl links (like the one pictured above). It spreads when you click on the these links, so don't click if you see a Goo.gl link in a tweet all by itself. Like an idiot, I clicked one of these links and the URL started changing over and over again. It didn't take long to realize this was a bad link. If you do click one of these accidentally and the URL starts to change rapidly, quickly close your browser window. That seems to have kept me out of trouble.

Now, it could be genuine, but I ain't clicking it to find out.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
kadavenport
On the street

Post by kadavenport »

Alan H wrote:
fest1996 wrote:Have something interesting for you about GT550 8) , visit me :arrow: at url=https://goo.gl/RPa430/this/url site. I am sure you will be happy to see this :!: :wink:

Hmmmmmm.

Did a search and found this............
there's a new worm going around. Beware of bad Goo.gl links (like the one pictured above). It spreads when you click on the these links, so don't click if you see a Goo.gl link in a tweet all by itself. Like an idiot, I clicked one of these links and the URL started changing over and over again. It didn't take long to realize this was a bad link. If you do click one of these accidentally and the URL starts to change rapidly, quickly close your browser window. That seems to have kept me out of trouble.

Now, it could be genuine, but I ain't clicking it to find out.
I'm with you, not clicking to find out. I just reported the reply, maybe it'll get removed.
Kyle D.
ConnerVT
Novice racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R (now), T500M (40 yrs ago)

Post by ConnerVT »

Alan H wrote:
fest1996 wrote: Now, it could be genuine, but I ain't clicking it to find out.
Go on. Click it. You know you want to... :evil: