Replacement petcocks for T350

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Marshall
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki T350

Replacement petcocks for T350

Post by Marshall »

I have a 1972 T350 and my petcock is broken (the strainer cup is broken). What other petcocks will fit the 22mm thread on my gas tank? My bike isn't a show piece, so I'm not looking for anything expensive. Most of the ones I see online only have 1 fuel output, and NOS parts are over $100.

Any suggestions?
alanr
To the on ramp

Re: Replacement petcocks for T350

Post by alanr »

http://www.diablocycle.com/Kawasaki-KZ9 ... tcock.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CB360T
TT250
quidger
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500

Post by quidger »

Does anyone know if this petcock that alanr suggested as a replacement for the T350 fuel tank would also be compatible and work for my T500?

I'm having issues with the diaphragm leaking fuel into the left side cylinder and I want to block the vacuum line and replace with a simple ON-OFF petcock.

Is the thread on the T500 tank the same as the T350 tank, 22mm?

http://www.diablocycle.com/Kawasaki-KZ9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... tcock.html"

Thanks for any comments.
tricky1962
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500J

Post by tricky1962 »

I bought one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172273743043? ... EBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - despatched from the US
The only problem I've had with it is that the tap is quite stiff to turn, but it is loosening up slowly with use. It comes with strainers.

I bought it to use on my T500 because they do have the same fitting, which had worn on my original one. My bike cannot be described in anyway concours and I didn't like the idea of a vacuum tap, I don't trust them not to fill my crankcase with fuel when I'm not looking so was quite happy to fit something non-original.

The tap is sited slightly further under the tank than standard however, so is slightly more difficult (but not in anyway impossible) to operate on the move.
grumpy56
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1970 T350 Restored; 1972 GT380 Build

Post by grumpy56 »

Wish I would have spotted that petcock when I had to replace mine. I paid about $100 for a Pingel manual valve which, although it works OK, just doesn't look right on the T. Don't think the original valves are re-buildable, right???
Skaal-tel
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 suzuki T500

Post by Skaal-tel »

They are rebuildable... sort of. You may have to make your own gaskets though.
Mine was leaking everywhere it could.
Flipped the 4 hole gasket around, stopped leaking out of the lever.
Siliconed the sediment cup, stopped leaking. Probably could have made a new gasket out of a fat o-ring.

Vacuum section is a little trickier.

edit: looking at the diablocycle petcock kits.. Looks like a few of the kawasaki parts could work for a rebuild as well.
Skaal-tel
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 suzuki T500

Post by Skaal-tel »

FWIW: I installed one of these
https://fortnine.ca/en/bikers-choice-la ... let-011401" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

had to grind down the plastic screen frame a little to get it into the tank, but otherwise I have zero complaints.
Had to adapt the 1/4" outlet to 3/16" carbs using a tee.
Works well.