Archived Posts

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Never ridden one of those, but they look great.

Good luck with it, Chris.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

yes it is coming along nicely, today I fitted the front capilar, brake line junction box, left switch block, front mudguard stay, radiator reserve tank, I had all these parts off to clean up and repaint. The brake lines are away having the ends re zinc plated. Tomorrow i will fit the front guard and I will fit the chambers and may restart it.

The RG is a fun bike, good for a true 100mph and gets there real fast in comparison to a T250 or T350, and of course they handle a lot better.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

buffalo clutch noises

Post by Admin »

My 76 GT750 seems to have a fairly loose clutch basket (hearing some strange noises) and can't seem to find the link to how to repair or fix this. Help please as I'm almost to have a runner!
Admin
Supreme UFOB

GT550 center cylinder over oiling

Post by Admin »

Most of you are familiar with my 550 RedZone and its associated expansion chambers. What would be the most likely cause for the center cylinder getting too much oil? The tip of the chamber is wet with oil. When I look down inside to the primary baffle (there are 2 per pipe) it's a black wet nasty mess. The 2 outer pipes are dry at the tips and a flashlight inspection shows the primary baffle to be a tan / brown good color.
Is it possible if the SRIS lines are mis matched for one cylinder to over oil? Should I try hotter plugs? I am running NGK B7ES. Oddly enough I expected the center plug to be black and sooty but it is clean, dry and has good color like the outer plugs!! I can post a pic of that plug if needed.
Beats me :?
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Bikegeezer wrote:Thanks Guys (and gals). I'll wait another week, then email him again.

Stu
I heard from Marcel today. All is well. :grin:
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

You can check the SRIS lines to be sure they are connected correctly http://www.3cyl.com/%7Emraxl/gt/manuals ... n/sr48.htm
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

http://vancouver.globat.com/~sundialmot ... tch+rattle

Hey David,

This is the thread from a previous clutch rattle thread, for this thread...
If we keep this up we'll probably get a thread to reference itself up its own a__!

Long story short, reface the centre spacer to match the width of the metal insert of the the clutch basket (within 10 thou I think).

Or, embrace the rattle. Mine allows me to believe its actually alive, that there's great heavy lumps of metal rotating in there!

Cheers
Paul
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Thanks

Post by Admin »

perfect, just what I was looking for. How do you find the thread so quickly? I must have searched for an hour. thanks again
David
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Re: Thanks

Post by Admin »

DavidDurtschi wrote:perfect, just what I was looking for. How do you find the thread so quickly? I must have searched for an hour. thanks again
David
I cheated .. i knew where it was in the repair section :grin:
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Two different GT750 engines I've taken apart had loose clutch basket nuts. I'd check that first.

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

T500 Exhaust

Post by Admin »

Hello,

On my 70 T500 my right exhaust is wet and the left side is dry. Also when I start the bike the right side expells more exhaust at idle. Then when I am on the freeway it seems to only come out the left side. Strange???

Also I can not get the left baffle out.

Any Suggestions???????????
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Is the centre cylinder maybe running a little richer than the outers?

That could also make the exhaust more oily.

However if all 3 plugs are showing good colour then I wouldn't go hotter on the plugs.

It could be SRIS, or simply that the centre pipe has different bends / curves to the two outers, and this is causing a cooler spot in that pipe that allows oil to collect and pool.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Chris to be honest im surprised youre still using the SRIS on that bike, id remove it and block the holes with a suitable threaded plug then do a good few runs and recheck the pipes.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Breakers points -- oil the spindle?

Post by Admin »

do you guys put a drop of light oil on the contact breaker pivot spindle, as well as on the felt for the cam?

Or is the pivot intended to run "dry"?

thanks, Craig