suzuki gt250 baffle -76

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

cleaf
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: suzuki gt250

suzuki gt250 baffle -76

Post by cleaf »

Hi all

Previous owner has lost orginal baffle so does someone have measurements if i build new one? some pictures would nice too.

Another one is welded in pipe so i cannot remove that.
markush
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT250/380

Re: suzuki gt250 baffle -76

Post by markush »

Some comments and dimensions to the GT250 exhaust system:
http://suzuki-gt250.de/motornavi/motor.php?b=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zunspec4
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R, SV1000S, TS125, Seeley T500

Post by Zunspec4 »

Hi Markush,

That was an interesting diagram, it looks like the 3rd example is a case of late 1970's proddie racing where expansion chambers were being constructed within the Std. silencer profile. The proddie racing gang used to get up to some tricks back in those days :D .

Cheers Geoff
markush
On the main road

Post by markush »

Hi Geoff
That may look like that, but it's a coincidence. I do not know "proddie racing". The picture serves to compare the use of baffles and a cone.
Quote from the site: "... For comparison see below in the picture an exhaust-"pear" with counter cone and absorption damper.You can imagine a counter cone like a series of successive panels (baffles) (red drawn). With "infinite" baffles number one comes to the cone ... " end quote.
The installation of a cone in the original exhaust, however, is obvious. Many have already done that, including me.
daxman
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: A100 GT250 & 4t Yams!

Post by daxman »

markush wrote:Hi Geoff
That may look like that, but it's a coincidence. I do not know "proddie racing". The picture serves to compare the use of baffles and a cone.
Quote from the site: "... For comparison see below in the picture an exhaust-"pear" with counter cone and absorption damper.You can imagine a counter cone like a series of successive panels (baffles) (red drawn). With "infinite" baffles number one comes to the cone ... " end quote.
The installation of a cone in the original exhaust, however, is obvious. Many have already done that, including me.
Proddie Racing = Production Racing.

Racing of 'standard' not -modified production machines (cough).
Zunspec4
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R, SV1000S, TS125, Seeley T500

Post by Zunspec4 »

daxman wrote:
markush wrote:Hi Geoff
Proddie Racing = Production Racing.

Racing of 'standard' not -modified production machines (cough).
LOL :D That's what I mean, daxman. If you were not "bending" the rules in late 70's/early 80's Production racing you were probably having a hard time competing.

Cheers Geoff
markush
On the main road

Post by markush »

proddie... ok, i got it. :)
In my surroundings the "cone trick" was done in this way to keep the bikes street legal (visually)
cleaf
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: suzuki gt250

Post by cleaf »

markush wrote:Some comments and dimensions to the GT250 exhaust system:
http://suzuki-gt250.de/motornavi/motor.php?b=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thank you!