WOW - This bike is absolutely gorgeous !

A place to list e-bay items you think others would like to know about.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

pearljam724
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 75- GT 550 / 76- GT 750

WOW - This bike is absolutely gorgeous !

Post by pearljam724 »

Do you guys remember these ? That exhaust is bad ass. Is it an exhaust that was oem on the remainder of the Triumph Tridents ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-Other-1 ... otorcycles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image Image
T350guy
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1977 GT 750

Re: WOW - This bike is absolutely gorgeous !

Post by T350guy »

The bike I fell in love with when I was O so young
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

That would be a Craig Vetter designed Triumph Hurricane which of course is actually a BSA rocket 3 in disguise. There is a book called A Hurricane Named Vetter about that bike.
CBWELLS
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Honda-350, SUZUKI GT550 x2, GS850, 92 VMAX,

Post by CBWELLS »

PJ,
I recall from an earlier post that you're located in PA. If you're looking for a nice day-trip when the weather gets reasonable, take a spin up to Hammondsport, NY to the Glen Curtis Museum. I was there last summer & spent about 4-5 hours in the place! They have that (exact model & color & pipes) Triumph on display. The museum is well worth the trip for Techy-turds like us & admission is only $8 as I recall. Old Glen was a contemporary of the Wright Bros. & quite the biker himself. He built a V8 in the 1st decade of the 1900's & hit speeds of 130 mph on a wet sand beach! Purdy impressive in my book! They have a replica of that bike too... & many other bikes, cars, planes, & assorted technology. One of my favorites was a 36-cylinder 4-tier radial engine for a WWII airplane. They refer to it as a "corn-cob" layout because each tier is rotated slightly from the one in front for better cooling & it looked "cob-like"). Well, click the link & check out the many pictures (including the V8).
http://www.galenfrysinger.com/glenn_cur ... ort_ny.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pearljam724
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 75- GT 550 / 76- GT 750

Post by pearljam724 »

CBWELLS wrote:PJ,
I recall from an earlier post that you're located in PA. If you're looking for a nice day-trip when the weather gets reasonable, take a spin up to Hammondsport, NY to the Glen Curtis Museum. I was there last summer & spent about 4-5 hours in the place! They have that (exact model & color & pipes) Triumph on display. The museum is well worth the trip for Techy-turds like us & admission is only $8 as I recall. Old Glen was a contemporary of the Wright Bros. & quite the biker himself. He built a V8 in the 1st decade of the 1900's & hit speeds of 130 mph on a wet sand beach! Purdy impressive in my book! They have a replica of that bike too... & many other bikes, cars, planes, & assorted technology. One of my favorites was a 36-cylinder 4-tier radial engine for a WWII airplane. They refer to it as a "corn-cob" layout because each tier is rotated slightly from the one in front for better cooling & it looked "cob-like"). Well, click the link & check out the many pictures (including the V8).
http://www.galenfrysinger.com/glenn_cur ... ort_ny.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's cool. Thanks, for sharing. I see no pics of a Triumph though ? Maybe, I'll take a ride up there. I was also thinking about tending what I think is classic motorcycle show/meet that is supposedly in Ohio somewhere, sponsored by the AMA. I'm going to try to make it that event this year as I have never been there. But, when looking it up on the net it's a little confusing as to exactly where and what events take place ? I've read a lot of discussions about a classic bike swap meet, a race, a hall of fame, etc. One link says the events happen in Pinkerton, Oh. While other links say it's at another nearby town/city ? Or Mid-Ohio racetrack ? If anyone has ever been to what I am trying to refer to. Please, clear those things up. I just want to go to a vintage bike meet to see other people's 2 strokes. But, I also don't want to show up at an event that ends up have a dozen or less bikes. Driving that far. Really don't care to watch a race, etc. I just want to go to a vintage bike show.
Image Image
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

No wonder they never made money. Making two similar but different engines to do the same job.
The BSA engine had forward leaning cylinders, the Triumph had vertical cylinders.
Same with the cars of the time.
Triumph cars designed a 3 litre V8 when they could have just fitted the Rover 3.5 V8 which was a better (and tried) motor.
Wonder why the Jap bikes and cars caught on....................
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.