Look at this

A place to list e-bay items you think others would like to know about.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Look at this

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

I've got lots of nice CCI tanks I bought from ebay that cleaned up as good as new for around $20.00. People have just gone crazy.
Check the ending price and how many bidders were at it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271144389795?ss ... 1423.l2648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2
Madbuffalo
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750

Re: Look at this

Post by Madbuffalo »

That's unbelievable! Especially since the accessories they're including on it are still available from Suzuki for cheap! And to think, I've got a spare that I fill with gas and hang from the handlebars when working on the bike. :shock:
No really... it's supposed to smoke.

1974 Suzuki Nomad 340
1975 Suzuki GT750 Waterbuffalo
2018 Kawasaki Z900rs
Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

After seeing that price I got the urge to clean up my last ebay $20.00 CCI tank I had lying around, and heres what the results were. You can tell it once held a blue oil as the dye has coloured the plastic slightly around the 'eye', but all coloured oils will do this to the tanks eventually.

Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2
Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Post by Suzukidave »

Sorry Allan , with the blue around the level window its now only worth 200$ :shock:
the older i get the faster i was
GT750Battleship
Road race school
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT750A 1976

Post by GT750Battleship »

:twisted: Makes me as made as hell what is happening on Ebay & elsewhere!! The money people want for parts is mind blowing :roll: Alice in Wonderland stuff.I'm glad I got involved 12 years ago with buying my GT750A,my third GT750 over the last thirty+years.I have all my contacts sorted,know where to go for everything I need to keep her going,have 2 Suzuki Dealers "on side" that look after me with a nice little discounts for stuff I may need in a hurry if it's in stock,rather surprising whats in stock sometimes for the GT750 & I can't wait the 2-3 weeks for something from Europe or the US. :cry:I've also watched the price of complete old Japanese motorbikes,rise to some rather "dizzy" & "ridiculous" heights? I've seen Kawasaki Z900's advertised for $25,000 dollars,H2's for similar money,a few Suzuki GT750J's going for not much less in the UK.I'm not about to sell mine,because to be honest,I couldn't afford to buy back into the market the way things are going right now! :?

Cheers,
GT750Battleship.
GT750Battleship.
johnakay
I likes them jubblies
Suzuki 2-Strokes: bike

Post by johnakay »

well if the silly buggers are willing to pay for that's their fault.
buyers determined the price not dealers.
dealers will put a higher price and if the punters pay who's fault is that.
if punters don't pay the asking price then in time price will drop but that ain't gonna happen.
there will always be some one who will.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership
ConnerVT
Novice racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R (now), T500M (40 yrs ago)

Post by ConnerVT »

The value of an item is not the price which someone puts on it. It is the price that someone is willing to pay for it.

There are a few factors that come into play when pricing things for sale. One is overhead - the cost of holding the item (or group of items) while waiting for them to sell. If overhead is low, be it a breaker who has junky parts in a shed, or the shop employee listing things from his bosses inventory, the immediate need to sell is low.

Vintage motorcycle parts aren't perishable. In fact, most will continue to go up in value for some time, until the number of people interested in restoring a certain model declines. So if a seller has the room (or perhaps isn't even the holder of the item), leaving it listed on eBay until someone buys it may have an advantage. Especially if one outrageously overpriced item sells, as it will cover the fees for a number of items.

There are two pricing strategies. One is all items can be can be priced that a small, reasonable profit is made from each individual sale. Another strategy is to overprice every item in a group, and hope that the sale of one brings in a profit that covers the expense of listing the entire group. Not unlike playing Roulette, and betting on a single number (big payout) vs betting on black (small payout).

For whole bikes, the rising prices are a two edged sword. Bad if you are looking to buy a bike, nice if you already have one. Not unlike owning a house - you much rather see prices going up, rather than down.