Archived Posts

A place to list e-bay items you think others would like to know about.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Damn....US $1,535.00 and buyer is in OZ! WOW!
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Re: In case you dont know.....

Post by Admin »

Suzsmokeyallan wrote:In case you need one its good to know they are still available from your Suzuki dealer and the selling price is around $25-$28.00.
Only (slight) drama with buying this part new is that it's not quite right for an L, M or possibly an A either.

The blue high-beam light lens was only installed from the Factory on the B's AFAIK (was red previously), and the gear indicator lens is supposed to be light green-ish, not purple - again only on the B's.
Because they've now superseded to the B part no. you'll have to look second-hand if you want the right one.

So, if you're a real stickler for detail, these may fit your L, M or A, but they're not correct.

Cheers
Paul
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Wow !! now THATS knowing your GT's .. Dave
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Suzukidave wrote:Wow !! now THATS knowing your GT's .. Dave
Hey Dave,

Nah, not really... it's just that the L is weird in that a LOT of stuff on it is unique to that model.
For example, the forks, front fender, carbs and jetting, seat cover, pipes and brake calipers are completely unique and appear on no other model.
Suzuki carried over the early kick-start lever, porting and brake discs but changed to the later style gauges, master cylinder, CV carbs and frame side-covers. Neat, but frustrating at the same time.

When I put mine back together I was continually asking people about various bits that didn't seem to match anything else. Over the rebuild period I got to remember these little 'anomalies', especially when searching for parts.

Plus, I got burned a few times when buying from eBay only to discover when I got them home they weren't quite right. New parts from Suzuki supersede a LOT as well. If you're trying to restore a B, you're pretty much home and hosed... anything older can be a bit of a guessing game.

Overall, I guess it's because I'm a bit anal when it comes to certain things. But, I still prefer to err on the practical side (e.g. stainless fasteners) when possible.

A Buffalo afficianado would still pick my bike to pieces, but I know exactly what he'd find!

Cheers
Paul
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Scruffy 74 Buffalo in Ohio

Post by Admin »

Admin
Supreme UFOB

The Black Cobra is back,,again

Post by Admin »

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Yes im aware that the HB lens is blue and that the gear indicator lens is a purple tint whereas the previous versions had a red HB lens and the green tinted gear indicator lens.
However you can take your old unit and carefully 'pop out' or in this case 'pop in' the green tinted gear indicator lens and the red HB lens to retro fit into the new B model one for total visual accuracy factor.
The parts book shows that the 74 to 76 models should have the red HB lens but as ive quickly found out nothing is written 100% in stone with these old bikes.
Two examples of this is my 76 Buffalo which should have the rear fender thats mounted with the two bolts under the lower front side sections as opposed to on the top frame hoop under the seat, yet it carries an earlier style fender and mounting like the pre 76 models, and yes its correct for the bike
Then theres those original brown faced B model gauges it shouldnt have either......

Talking about Buffalo kick starters and other oddities, ive now seen four different styles of these arms.
I've recently seen three variations of aircleaner cases for the 74 to 77 models.
Front calipers also have been seen with two styles of Suzuki emblems, earlier ones had embossed letters while later ones had flat backing.
Some calipers mounting bolts are chrome while others are zinc plated.
Early caliper body allen bolts come with knurled heads while later ones are smooth.
The minor alterations to parts over the years are interesting indeed and part numbers usually never showed up as changed in the books for minor details.
They merely got changed as the years went by, and no one really noticed, only the anal ones amongst us,,,,,LOL
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Seller re-lists Titan 28 minutes after selling

Post by Admin »

He told me he relisted due to no pay. But he relisted less than 1/2 hour after it closed, and the payment instructions were to pay in full in 7 days. No deposit was required. Some strange sellers out there.

Stu

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... %26otn%3D4
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Somehow theres a lot of descrepancy in the statement he gave you Stu.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Email the action winner and see what his story is, curious to see what the deal is.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Got an email from him. He said the winner called him right after the auction and said he "bid by accident." Looks by the bidding like that winner had several "accidents." I guess it's legit. Who knows?

However, something isn't quite right with this seller. He tells me he hates the new buyer protection plan, because you can't leave negatives for buyers anymore, and he pays $400 a month in eBay fees. How can you generate fees like that with a feedback score of 3? I think the guy just told me he's operating on eBay under at least one other name. When I asked him why only 3 feedbacks, he said "most of my auctions dont reach the end. So no feedback." Figure that one out...

Stu
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

It really doesn't look like there is much difference in this seller, and persons that split up complete, restorable classic/vintage bikes for profit, from what I see. Doesn't look like there is a lot of honesty coming from this seller.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Yep Stu, I think he spilled his beans by accident with you than tried to recover.

Yes Tuner, I think there is more to the background of this seller although this bike may be alright, who knows.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

And another one...

Post by Admin »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcyc ... .m14.l1318

Where do these dudes come from?
You'd think this guy had never sold anything on eBay before... and I'd reckon he doesn't know too much about GT750's.

Could be some nasties lurking in this bike. Just a cursory glance of the pics shows some fairly obvious mistakes and bodgy workmanship.

If it goes for the right price, it *might* make a good basis for a resto. Most of it is there.
Plus, you could have a fair old bonfire when you perform the ritual burning ceremony on that fairing.

Keeps ME amused at least
Cheers
Paul
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Another 2200cc Buffalo. Funny.

Lane