Archived Posts

A place to list e-bay items you think others would like to know about.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Seat cover is wrong, master cylinder, chain guard so is the speedo. Horn is mis-posistioned. Mirrors are not original...hell for 8900, I want ORIGINAL MIRRORS DAMMIT!!!

Headlight shell should be body color, not chrome.

Guy is truly delusional...
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Wow we are getting VERY discriminating here on the board at picking these bikes apart. I just saw the thumbnails and posted the link, now youve found so many things wrong so far, i'll go have a look at it myself up close in the pics now.
Of coincidence is the number of Buffalos on fleabay right now, i counted at least seven for sale.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Yup wrong headlamp housing and rim for sure, it should be a painted bowl and be the horseshoe shape as well.
The M/C should be all alloy with the alloy top cap and having the 'S' symbol in the centre.
The mirrors dont have the 'S' symbol in them.
The speedo is wrong, it looks like a 74,75 or 76 model one.
The seat cover design is wrong.
The riders footpeg rubbers are wrong as well, they are not the correct pattern for the 72-73 models.
I'm sure there are other small things wrong but the pics are not close enough to see those
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I emailed him and told him about the prybar gouges and the base gasket sticking out and about the pipes being mounted wrong, he noted the defects in the add but still has no bidders, wonder why. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Suzsmokeyallan wrote:Wow we are getting VERY discriminating here on the board at picking these bikes apart.

Yes I guess we are... not that there's anything wrong with that?

What it comes down to IMHO is not getting ripped off.
The Classic bike scene has exploded in the last couple of years. Bikes that were once unsellable, unrideable piles of crud are now changing hands for ridiculous money (RZ500's for example).

There will be honest sellers in the marketplace with honest intentions and goods to sell. There will also be scammers riding the wave who will tart up any old pile of crap and try to flog it to an unsuspecting rube with rose-coloured nostalgia glasses on and wads of cash in his pocket wanting to relive his misspent motorcycling youth.

And then there's this sort of guy, not an outright scammster per se, just someone who probably doesn't really know the subtle details and who's trying to make as much as he can based on what he thinks the market is doing, but he's probably not deliberately trying to rip folks off.

That's also why there are groups like this one - to sort the wheat from the chaff. Anybody contemplating purchase of a Classic Suzuki two-stroke would do well to canvas the opinions of the folk on this board thoroughly as part of the research process prior to a purchase.

Some people do this and do well with their purchases, others do not and ultimately get ripped off.
Good research is worth a lot of dough these days...

Sadly whoever buys this bike thinking they've got a nice original K is going to be somewhat mistaken, unless they can convince the seller to reduce the price to a level commensurate with it's 'authenticity'.

Caveat Emptor
Cheers
Paul
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Archived Posts

Post by Admin »

Archived