Suzuki GT750 Rebuilt Crankshaft

A place to list e-bay items you think others would like to know about.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

GT Tim
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Suzuki GT750 Rebuilt Crankshaft

Post by GT Tim »

bikegeezer
On the main road

Post by bikegeezer »

Tim,
Look at the closeup of the right inner crank seal. No lip on it. No warranty and no return...
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Stu,

Are you sure it's the wrong seal. I looked again and the seal with the steel ring is beside the gear which is correct. I think it's the left seal we're looking at.

So what is it worth? I paid $20 for a good crank on ebay plus $30 shipping, plus a set of seals at say $80 plus rebuild by Bill Bune $200 plus shipping each way at say $25 a pop, adds up to $380 I guess.

That adds up fast!
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Post by rngdng »

I think they are correct, but it's hard to tell if that lip is attached to the seal, or if it's the "U" shaped plate they used for a while.

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
GT Tim
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by GT Tim »

tz375 wrote:Stu,

Are you sure it's the wrong seal. I looked again and the seal with the steel ring is beside the gear which is correct. I think it's the left seal we're looking at.

So what is it worth? I paid $20 for a good crank on ebay plus $30 shipping, plus a set of seals at say $80 plus rebuild by Bill Bune $200 plus shipping each way at say $25 a pop, adds up to $380 I guess.

That adds up fast!
Especially when PM lists NOS cranks for $999, and you aren't sure what you are getting with a NOS one...unless it was a later mfg w/ the neoprene seals. But then, how do you know?

This looked like and still does a pretty good bet to me, besides Stu, you slam everything people post here for ebay / craigslist . I think it is a fetish of yours...I was waiting for you to post. You didn't disappoint me.
bighole
To the on ramp

Post by bighole »

The seller is local buffalo guru Red Sloan in Muskegon, MI. I have seen the set up he has for doing these and the ones he has done have performed flawlessly so far. Looks like a good deal to me.
-John
My bike is a "bighole" I keep throwing money into, so I had to get another!

09 Aprilia RSV1000
73 gt750
77 gt750 cafe
73 gt550
74 RE5
TLRam1
Road race school

Post by TLRam1 »

Good bit of info John for someone looking, he lowered the reserve also....don't know how much.
Terry

Maybe poker's not your game, Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest~

74 Suzuki GT750 / 74 Suzuki T500 / 75 Suzuki GT380 / 97 & 01 Honda Magna / 03 Kawasaki KX250 / 01 Yamaha WR250F / 03 Yamaha TTR 125L
bikegeezer
On the main road

Post by bikegeezer »

GT Tim wrote: This looked like and still does a pretty good bet to me, besides Stu, you slam everything people post here for ebay / craigslist . I think it is a fetish of yours...I was waiting for you to post. You didn't disappoint me.
Tim,
I think you're looking for insults where none exist. I'm aware that you don't like me, but I think that's very unfair of you. And very inaccurate. Everything people post here for ebay / craigslist? Hardly. Sure, I and others joke about the "ran when last parked" and other silly stuff. But the only eBay thing I remember "slamming" on this forum was that guy who was selling aftermarket sprockets, calling them NOS, with photos showing them on a piece of Genuine Suzuki wrapping paper. I just pointed out something in this case that I thought was odd and that there was no warranty and no return. After looking again at closeups on that auction, I see a steel lip on that seal that I missed the first time around. So I admit I was wrong about the seal. But my post was intended as a caution, not a "slam," and especially not against you. After all, you simply provided a link with no opinion one way or the other. Even if you had said it's a good bet and I disagreed, I can't remember ever "slamming" anyone for their opinion.

Stu