my old bike

A place to list e-bay items you think others would like to know about.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

johnakay
I likes them jubblies
Suzuki 2-Strokes: bike

my old bike

Post by johnakay »

is up for sale sold a few years ago for just under £3000 now the guy wants £4850
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1975-Suzuki-T ... 4aeb40f779" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership
ConnerVT
Novice racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R (now), T500M (40 yrs ago)

Re: my old bike

Post by ConnerVT »

Prices have gone up on these bikes in the past few years (just from when I started my T500 project a few years ago). From what I read here, the increase has been even more dramatic on your side of the Atlantic.

That's a pretty bike. I like the color. Interesting to see the pillion foot pegs on the swing arm, rather than at the exhaust mounts. I have seen it before, but best picture I have seen so far.

Did you build the engine crash bars yourself? I like the look. Understated, and allows what I think is the best feature of the T500, the engine, not be overwhelmed by the bars.

Interesting is also the 500 side cover badges. In the US, only used that badge on the 1971 model. Is it correct for the UK for 1975, or did you choose them for the look? I personally like those the best.
johnakay
I likes them jubblies
Suzuki 2-Strokes: bike

Re: my old bike

Post by johnakay »

yes I made the crash bars myself.
the bike is an M model done up to look like the J model but with 'R' emblems as I didn't like the big chrome ones.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership