1975 Honda CR125M Elsinore (help)

Other makes and motorcycles of interest.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

SudookyT350
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 2 1970 Suzuki T350’s

1975 Honda CR125M Elsinore (help)

Post by SudookyT350 »

Needing a lot of parts for this goodie. A lightly used ‘75 CR125M Elsinore, needing the cylinder bored out, a weisco 2 over piston w/ rings, carburetor boot from carb to engine, air filter, foam dust filter, connecting rod, wrist pin, both cylinder gaskets, exhaust gasket, throttle return spring (i think) of course 2 tires and tubes (It still has the original tires and tubes and still holds air!), and whatever secures the plastic number plates. I have the original owners manual for it, my dad was in the middle of rebuilding the bike when he lost all the parts for it. Educated suggestions and information would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Life is the art of drawing without an eraser with only one sheet of paper.”
x2 1970 Suzuki T350II’s, June flavored and July flavored. 1974 Honda CR125M Elsinore
sportston
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: FZ50, GP100, RG125 Gamma, GT380, Bandit 1200S

Re: 1975 Honda CR125M Elsinore (help)

Post by sportston »

Nice bike but it's a Honda... :o How could you?! :shock:
Dave Silver Spares might be a good place to start looking for parts.
KRAMSSUAG
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1975 gt185

Post by KRAMSSUAG »

I have had some luck with www.honda-elsinore.com and click on the swap meet icon.
SudookyT350
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 2 1970 Suzuki T350’s

Post by SudookyT350 »

sportston wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:34 pm Nice bike but it's a Honda... :o How could you?! :shock:
Dave Silver Spares might be a good place to start looking for parts.
Hey now, don’t disrespect an Elsinore like that! :roll: It’s technically still my dad’s but once I move out it’s going with me for sure. Years ago he started to rebuild the engine and moved on to some other project. Pretty sure he was planning on boring it 2 over, the knucklehead lost all the original nuts and washers for the top end, piston rings and wrist pin, the exhaust seal doo-hickey thing-a-ma-jiggiter, and the darn carb intake boot. Other that that it is completely original, no rust, no damage whatsoever. The tank alone is probably worth more than the cost to fill up 2 empty Peterbilts :D

I believe he got it in the early 80’s from someone he went to school with that bought the thing brand new, rarely rode it, and sold it to him for a can of beans. Lol. The cylinder has absolutely no ring ridge or scoring, so why did he try to rebuild it? Who knows, who cares.

It may be “just another Honda” but it’s something I’m grateful to have. Especially since the Elsinore had the largest impact in motocross innovation the world has ever seen. One day sooner than later mine will be able to tell its tale; anything in a 2 mile radius with eardrums will hear the unmistakable sound of a 2 stroke screaming at the peak of its power band
“Life is the art of drawing without an eraser with only one sheet of paper.”
x2 1970 Suzuki T350II’s, June flavored and July flavored. 1974 Honda CR125M Elsinore