Just for a change

Other makes and motorcycles of interest.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: Just for a change

Post by Alan H »

Nice run out yesterday.
Home to Seaways caff at Fridaythorpe, Filey where we almost had fish & chips, Squires where they have changed pie suppliers again and not for the better :cry: then bread & dripping at 'The Market' in Elsecar. 170 odd miles in all - bloody knackered!
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Well, I've had Izzy 12 months now, so the insurance needs renewing.
Contacted Hastings, my current supplier and they were a similar price to the last 12 months, but I had to increase the mileage from 2500 to 5000 (just in case!!) So that put the cost up over £350. I rang up & got a very polite guy in Jo'burg, South Africa who managed to drop the price for the same policy to £240, then tried Devitts - 'very busy, please wait' - nope. Then Carol Nash, oh dear. Not sure exactly what planet the lady came from, but she wanted me to spell everything phonetically. So I did, US 1940s style (Able, Baker, Charlie, Dog etc., instead of Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta et al). Well if she messed me about, t'was only fair I returned the favour, eh?!
When she asked if my bike was impounded (after 20 minutes or so), I hung up.
Tried again & got another furrin' lady whe's English was at least understandable without the spell check, & eventually quoted £841 and their preferred company is 'Highway'. Robbery, no doubt. I asked her if Carol Nash was an insurance company or a comedy site, then hung up again. Couldn't get through to Bikesure, RHS or Footman James. Peter James who I insure my classics with don't really 'do' modern bikes & suggested £191.73 for 5 months (until my current policy runs out) & which I declined & bought the Hastings one after all.
2 hours phoning which was mainly very frustrating. If these people want business, they need to learn English, have people who know what they are doing & be competitive.
Not too difficult, shirley (FFS!!!)
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
joolstacho
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: AS50, GS500, GT500, ex GSXR750 slabbie

Post by joolstacho »

Mate, with that diet, you need LIFE Insurance!!! :clap:
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Oh, that's proper food around here. It could be much worse - I might have metamorphosed into a vegan ffs!!! :shock:
joolstacho
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: AS50, GS500, GT500, ex GSXR750 slabbie

Post by joolstacho »

Just kidding mate, I'd be next in line for a chip sarnie, a poi and oooh bread 'n dripping, yum, haven't had one of those for about half a century! :mrgreen: