Going to be around the Gap in October...

Got a get together in your area or know of one? If so, post it here.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

bighole
To the on ramp

Going to be around the Gap in October...

Post by bighole »

My other half decided the other day we needed a vacation and suggseted renting a cabin in Gatlinburg for a week. Sounds great! Then she really scored some points and suggested that we take a bike with us and do some riding while we were down there...! It was her idea!
I think this may put her into running as a keeper...
Anyway, the thought crossed my mind... we will only be about 2 hours from the gap... hmmm... only 2 hrs away with a GT750....
So will be in the area from October 9th until the 15th if anyone wants to meet up. I know I missed the spring meet this year and still kicking myself for it but might be able to at least get a dragon ride in after all!

-John
My bike is a "bighole" I keep throwing money into, so I had to get another!

09 Aprilia RSV1000
73 gt750
77 gt750 cafe
73 gt550
74 RE5
Joiseygirl
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Re: Going to be around the Gap in October...

Post by Joiseygirl »

bighole wrote:My other half decided the other day we needed a vacation and suggseted renting a cabin in Gatlinburg for a week. Sounds great! Then she really scored some points and suggested that we take a bike with us and do some riding while we were down there...! It was her idea!

-John
Oh John, you'll LOVE the Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge area. Plenty of beautiful scenery, hills and off road riding....Not that I ride....yet!
gyrocfi
On the main road

Post by gyrocfi »

John, I might be heading that way as well. I will know more mid sept. I will get back with you.
77' RD400 Stock
77' RD400 work in progess
76' Suzuki GT500A Titan 2 of 'em
76' RD400 frame, 79' rd400 Daytona bottom 77' top, 75' rd350 wire wheels, Factory products pipes
96' Honda PC800 for towing my RDs
gyrocfi
On the main road

Post by gyrocfi »

Heading to Barbers Vintage Races 8-10 Oct, then up to the mountains for a couple of days. Got my brused Frankin400 going and taking back up to finish where I left off in May!! Towin it up behind my PC800.

Anyone else heading that way?? I will be there 11-13. Oh man I just found out the Wheels Through Time is opened again or maybe never closed?? I dont know but I made a 3 day trip up there the end of Nov. with my brother just to see it before it closed! thank goodness, I will see it again this trip.
77' RD400 Stock
77' RD400 work in progess
76' Suzuki GT500A Titan 2 of 'em
76' RD400 frame, 79' rd400 Daytona bottom 77' top, 75' rd350 wire wheels, Factory products pipes
96' Honda PC800 for towing my RDs
bighole
To the on ramp

Post by bighole »

I'm all loaded up and ready to head out, just trying to make it to Friday morning. Gotta get this pesky work stuff out of the way first. As I mentioned, will be staying in Pigeon Forge for the whole week which looks to be about an hour's ride from the gap. Definately going to ride out there for a day at least, not sure which day yet. If anyone is interested in meeting up email me at jfbarrett01@gmail.com. That goes right to my phone assuming I have service there.

-John

09 Aprilia RSV1000
73 gt750
77 gt750 cafe
73 gt550
74 RE5
Barry S.
To the on ramp

Post by Barry S. »

I'm riding to Barber's Vintage on the Buffalo Saturday morning and staying till Sunday. Tuesday wife and I are going to Robbinsville NC trailering the V-Strom and staying for 3 days, planning to ride a loop every day including the Blue Ridge Parkway. Probably be in Gatlinburg Wednesday to do some site seeing.
2007 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
bighole
To the on ramp

Post by bighole »

I actually have internet service here!
Weather looks great for the week and thinking about heading to the Gap on Monday...
The cabin we are staying at is about 10 minutes from Gatlinburg. Meet for lunch?
-John

09 Aprilia RSV1000
73 gt750
77 gt750 cafe
73 gt550
74 RE5