Almost Ready For The Off.....

Got a get together in your area or know of one? If so, post it here.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

H2RICK
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550A, GSF1200SK6 currently

Almost Ready For The Off.....

Post by H2RICK »

or at least some of us are getting closer to being ready.
Myself, Suzsmokeyallan and the rest of the "usual suspects" are heading off to British Columbia for the Ninth Annual Old Farts' Ride on Friday, the 13th. No, we're not tempting fate......it's just the way things turned out this year.
We'll start off with a trip up the Icefields Parkway to view the Columbia Icefields (3 huge glaciers joined at one spot) and then on toward Jasper to our camping spot high in the Rockies.
Saturday morning Allan and I will be splitting off from the main group and heading for Vancouver Island for a full additional week of camping and riding while the rest of the guys will be working their way back to Cowtown for work on Monday morning.
Some of you may remember my Photobucket pics of last year's trip. Well, with Allan along this time (his Buffalo cratered last year with a pooched rectifier and he never completed the trip) you will see a LOT more pics of the trip because he's a much more dedicated photog than I am.
Hopefully all will go well bike-wise this year and we can devote our time to riding and sightseeing. Pics should start showing up on PB about the 23rd or so. I'll post a link in this thread when it all comes together.
GT550A Mint & Original
H2A Semi-Hot Rod Built From A Basket Case
KZ650C2 Mint & Original...mostly
GSF1200SK6 Bandit...My LD Ride
Additional H2 projects In Boxes.....
MBD Sufferer
Scorch
Born to ride
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1975 GT380

Re: Almost Ready For The Off.....

Post by Scorch »

Looking forward to the pics and report. :up:
Suzuki: '18 V-Strom 1000, '75 GT380, '85 Madura 1200
H2RICK
AMA Superbike

Post by H2RICK »

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i234/ ... ip%202010/

I'm not sure if I posted this in another thread or not......but that's the link to the PB album
with Allan's and my 2010 trip. Enjoy.
GT550A Mint & Original
MBD Sufferer
Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

That was a superb summer trip of 2010 Rick, and without you on it, it wouldn't be half as much fun for sure.
Its great to be able to do the B.C tours, and I don't think I could ever get tired of doing them, since there is so much to see and enjoy.
I cant wait for the 2011 trip, now starring two maroon Bandit 12s with Venture racks and Givi bags for all the gear. Lets all pray for a safe trip and good weather too.
*By the way, the photo you have listed as the Icefields Centre is actually taken at Saskatchewan Crossing*.
Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2
H2RICK
AMA Superbike

Post by H2RICK »

That was a superb summer trip of 2010 Rick, and without you on it, it wouldn't be half as much fun for sure.
:oops: :oops: :lol:

Allan, anyone who can put up with me for NINE+ days (and the
far-less-than-perfect weather we encountered, which didn't increase my "happiness" quotient) is certainly made of very stern stuff, IMO. :wink:
In the end, I believe it's the riding that allows us to both keep our sanity....or at least what sanity I/I can claim. As well, both of us have more or less the same view of life in general and that certainly helps a LOT !!! :lol: :lol:
I cant wait for the 2011 trip, now starring two maroon Bandit 12s with Venture racks and Givi bags for all the gear.
Now I'll just have to figure out a way to arrive at the selected campsite no more than a half hour behind you at the end of the day.
You WILL shoot off into the middle distance from time to time at shockingly illegal speeds.....and on a Bandit I'm sure such speeds will be even higher. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lets all pray for a safe trip and good weather too.
Amen to that !!!
*By the way, the photo you have listed as the Icefields Centre is actually taken at Saskatchewan Crossing*.
Well, you're probably right.....but it's Saskatchewan RIVER Crossing.
I seem to always get those mixed up.....in what passes for my mind. :roll: :lol:
GT550A Mint & Original
MBD Sufferer