Archived Posts

Got a get together in your area or know of one? If so, post it here.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

When in 2007 are you guys possibly looking at doing this?

Kevin
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

It turns out I won't be making it to this event as I will be working at the Street Rod show in Knoxville.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I had a really bad experience with VJMC, I know I'm not good enough to hang with those guys...
Hey Tim, whats the deal? Is the MB project getting too expensive you need a kickback from Weisco for advertising now? :P :P
-John
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

The idea is to have them pay me enough to allow me to forgo working and just work on TMB..... :grin:
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Left coast Swap Meet

Post by Admin »

Okay, so I'm looking for a Titan and here's a local cycle-related event (for me in SF Bay area). The event's kinda new to the Nor-Cal area, so it may be weak - I don't know. It's a recurring venue and they've already held it a few times this year. Has anyone already gone and is it a good place to look for a used Titan or is it not worth the time? I haven't found many of these events in my area, so I plan on attending if I haven't found a bike by mid-Oct.

NOR-CAL CYCLE & HI-PERFORMANCE CAR SWAP MEET. October 21, 2007. 7:30am - 1:00pm. Motorcycles, New, used or vintage, race, antique. Also, motorcycles, bicycles, cars, trucks, parts & access. Solano Country Fairgrounds, Vallejo, CA. Website: www.toppingevents.com

Thanks
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

That one is put on by Topping and Sons, in So. Ca., and has both cars and bikes in one meet. I stopped vending at the car swap they have at Long Beach, after it got just plain not worth going any more. Down in So. Cal., Topping has two distinctively different meets per month, the car venue and a completely separate bike one, on different weekends. I was going to attend the Solano event, but I never did put the advertising part of the VJMC together for the booth, etc. It would be good to go to in that you can meet other bike people you might not already now, and attain leads for other bikes/parts.

The Topping bike swap in So. Cal., has grown into the largest one in that area, but I haven't heard how Solano is going.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Thanks for the feedback info. I've decided to go to this event. If anyone else here wants to go let me know and maybe we can tag-up...
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Got transport?

Post by Admin »

Do any of y'all in the U.S. have any experience using motorcycle transporting companies and if so do you have a favorite or an avoid-at-all-costs?

Is it becuase their prices were good, or they took really good care of your bike, or maybe you know someone who had nothing but praise for the company, or maybe you mother-in-law owns the company and business is slow?

Reason I ask is when we want to buy a bile or need to have a bike moved, and it's too far for us to transport in person, it would be great for us to have some positive recommendations of companies to investigate.

Thanks.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

What do you say to a special ride next year around May?

Post by Admin »

We will call it the first annual "Wild Buffalos" Ride. Kinda like the Wild Hogs movie.

Imagine this patch but with a wild looking waterbuffalo instead.

Five days of riding to somewhere and camping out. No skinnydipping :lol: :lol:

I have a pudding bowl helmet and have my bandanna picked out already.

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Sounds fun Eric but it would be hard for me to make it up to the North East part of this country and have to be careful with my vacation days.

What are the ideas or plans where to start, place or places to see, destinations or where would you end up?
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Fun fun fun

Post by Admin »

Zook-e good Idea Im in!!

Hey Im in Pensacola, FL. Could be a meeting place for others going on the ride!! Or meet somewhere in the direction of wher the ride will be heading. I think it would be cool to collect folks along the way to the 08 Gap meet?? Groups of us tying up along the way??

lots of ideas. Anyone else with Ideas Now is the time to get things planned?? Dofin
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Maybe 10 total average looking cars and choppers being shown - half of which were for sale. No more than 20, yes twenty vendors set up their stuff. One person said past events have been bigger. Mostly Harley parts, but one person did have a truck load of RD350/400 stuff. My last trip unless someone could convince me otherwise...
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

That isn't good to hear about a Topping event. What was the weather like? Usually, if there isn't another event going on, and the weather is tolerable, that event is at the very least, good.

I sure wouldn't like to see it stop. I have heard of other bay area swaps, but have had the hands-on experience with Topping, and it has been good from the promoter's side of it, and hope their swap survives. Usually, they are swamped with vendors.

I need to call them anyway, so I'll ask them about this swap and how they feel it is going.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Really nice weather. Sunny and about 68 - a mild breeze. Kinda wierd it was on a Sunday - not Saturday, but oh well. Anyway, I was suprised and disappointed about the low turnout. The swap was supposed to run from 7:00 to 1:00 - I arrived about 10:00 and one-by-one people were slowly packing up. I wasn't aware of any other vehicle-related events in the area. I too would hate to see it stop as I've heard of so few cycle related swap events in this area. Be cool to hear what you learn from Topping about the viability of this event - thanks. They've another one coming up at the same location scheduled for 18 Nov...
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Cali Bike Museum

Post by Admin »

This looks like it would be a cool place for us left coasters to meet and to check out sometime... http://www.motosolvang.com/motorcycle.html