What's on this year

Got a get together in your area or know of one? If so, post it here.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

tz375
Moto GP

What's on this year

Post by tz375 »

OK guys, teh ice is starting to recede.

Must be time to start thinking about all the cycle events through teh summer we can visit.

I'm always looking for new things to do and last year we joined the Hatchett at Indy for the drag races that was a lot of fun.

Is there a calendar of events somewhere on teh web, or should we pull one together? Lots of organizations have events and their own schedules, but I'd like to see some sort of events calendar so I can pick and choose.

For example, maybe this year I'll go to the Walnecks swap meet in Woodstock and then MI drag races and say AHRMA Cycle fest at Road America in June and perhaps catch a rally in MN or what's that Deals Gap 2 smoke thing or Paris?

Who knows how to pull that together or to at least manage a multi dimensional calendar on the web?

I don't want to get to October and realize I missed things because I didn't know about them and I don't always know where to look.

Any ideas?
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

For our local club, all I do is embed a copy of Google calendar with Western Canadian items on it - you can see if here. I suppose one problem would be deciding which ones to put onto a shared one for this board and how to maintain it - it is a global resource ......
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

IAn,

That's a good one. is it possible to create a Google calendar with layers for regions or areas of interest. I'm thinking of a graphical representation of a database with different data sets for each group or type of activity, sortable by region or type of event.
Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Post by Suzukidave »

Deals Gap 2 stroke meet will be May 22~29th .. i will be there with my son and Allan from Barbados and lots of others
the older i get the faster i was
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

tz375 wrote:IAn,

That's a good one. is it possible to create a Google calendar with layers for regions or areas of interest. I'm thinking of a graphical representation of a database with different data sets for each group or type of activity, sortable by region or type of event.
I'm a big fan of KISS - the keep it simple stupid version, although I also do still enjoy listening to the band as well :-) You can do simple overlays - if you had one calendar, then you would just need regional reps, each with an account, and whatever was added to the calender by those regional reps would show as different coloured entries on the shared calendar. Its not super sophisticated - the published. or public copy is static - but it is low effort and low learning curve - and its free !
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !