Isle of Man Classic TT races

Got a get together in your area or know of one? If so, post it here.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

vulcanman
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550A 1976

Re: Isle of Man Classic TT races

Post by vulcanman »

We have our fave spots too.Hillberry,RhenCullen,Sulby Bridge,May Hill,Hairpin,and many others.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

Well, sorted today. I'll be there probably on my GT550J with pannier racks, so 'wrong' back indicators..... :roll:
21st to 28th August, staying in Castletown on the seafront.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
vulcanman
To the on ramp

Post by vulcanman »

I look forward to meeting up Alan and wont mention the wrong indicators šŸ¤£
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

You ain't seen nuthin' 'yet'! ;)
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
vulcanman
To the on ramp

Post by vulcanman »

Im sure you will find plenty to mention on my 550a a.
vulcanman
To the on ramp

Post by vulcanman »

Eve Alan ,550a is as ready as i can be sure.packing this week.tools packed already.picking up Van nxt Mon .steel bike ramp ready.plenty of ratchet straps for the exciting ,not ,slog up to jnc 34 of M6.then unload van and ride last 7 miles to Heysham.cant wait to be over again.my back is proving very painful but will get around the course as much as possible.wont climbing trees or crossing ditches this year! Looking forward to catch up with you too
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Still a few bits to do on the J, but should be ready for the Sunday ferry from Heysham.
There will be several Kettles there too.
vulcanman
To the on ramp

Post by vulcanman »

Great stuff Alan, fingers crossed weather holds
vulcanman
To the on ramp

Post by vulcanman »

Just seen there is a Jurby day of racing and parades on Sun 30 th.ace
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Bugger, - but Sunday is the 28th and I go home on the early ferry then. :(
vulcanman
To the on ramp

Post by vulcanman »

Just re read it.you are quite correct.it says the event finishes on the 30th and the Jurby event is on the Sun the 28 th.we are Wed to Wed .like to have gone earlier but ferry was full
vulcanman
To the on ramp

Post by vulcanman »

Hi Alan ,have a safe trip over.if weather holds later in week we going to try to stay couple days longer.550 loaded.just a fuel top up to do and meds/wash stuff.see you over therep
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Parked next to a 550A yesterday in Ramsey, & went for some nosebag. The A had gone when we got back - was that yours VM? Check your pms on here - I sent you my mobile number ages ago.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Set off for the Kirk Michael bike museum yesterday and as I went towards the mountain it got blacker & blacker so started a detour towards Peel. No good as it started to rain, the absolutely pee'd down. Did a quick about face & stopped at a nearby pub to have some coffee while it stopped & watched several bikes running on less cylinders than they actually had. Headed back to the aviation museum at Castleton (which was ok) & back to digs, so really the highlight of the day was breakfast.Ā :(
Ah well, sunny this morning, so the lightweight TT should be ok with lots of 2 strokes. Top speed of one of them t'other day was 161 point summat mph. Not bad for a 250.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Saturday was a good day. We went part way down Bray Hill at the end of Thorney Rd (can't remember the church name) and watched the lightweights scoot past. They were doing alleged 130+ mph as they went past, so it was a bit challenging for my Canon A620 & phone cameras. Fastest 250 was clocked at 161 mph apparently. Not bad for a 250 and faster than the 500s.
Good viewing spot though. Moved to Union Mills for the Classic Senior and took some pics & vids. I'll check what there is when I get chance now I'm back home.
Sunday. Went into Douglas to buy some prezzies, then had a mooch round the paddock area again. Got lots of nice comments about the 550J when it was parked up on the pit lane, it was very busy with lots of classic bikes - very few 2 strokes compared to previous years I visited. Lots saying that as they've cut back on the Classic TT classes and shortened the racing programme, they won't be coming back.
Anyway, as my ferry wasn't until 4.30, I decided to go for a lap of tge course. Set off at 12.10 down Bray Hill and must have stopped at every traffic light there was on the course, plus it took ages to get past a combine harvester in a twisty section! Lots of plod about and they are VERY keen on doing speeders!
Managed to get a good run after Ramsey on the mountain section, especially after the Gooseneck - lots more plod on the mountain - there must have been 20 beemer patrol cars dotted about. Anyway, completed the 'fast lap' in approximately 56 minutes (according to the sat nav clock) which works out at an average of just over 40mph, so I don't think McGuinness will be worried about that performance, even though he's not worried about traffic lights & plod cars. The wouldn't be able to catch him anyway.
Reasonable run home from Liverpool despite being cut up on the M62 and ending up in Manchester due to having a very close shave with a nob in an old beemer, but got home safe about 9.45. Very tiring week, but enjoyable. Bike ran well - more about that 'soon', and fuel consumption was a helluva lot better than I've ever had out of a 550 before.