Archived Posts

The Kawasaki Triple guys started it but we can be part of it too.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

jkevinlilly wrote:Good guess Tim.

Kevin
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Every year there are a number of non 2-stroke bikes, bring what you want to ride and have fun.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

GT Tim wrote:So, if I ever go I should bring 1 or 2 of the blue smokers and leave the Harley at home? :P
I always say that when you ride old bikes, it's good to bring a spare! If your choice of spares is the HOG, so be it. Just don't be too offended by my t-shirts!

Shoot, I may bring a Honda! The two bikes of mine that haven't earned their dragons yet, are the RD and the VFR. I don't know, though, Blueboy is almost a tradition at the meet. I wish I had room for more bikes.

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I'll be there, sharing a room with the French Beetches this time round!

Lane, we want to see the VFR finished and going. If I can fix the misfire I will bring the old GS500 to ride.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

GOD I NEED TO GET AWAY ....LOL...

What's really cool about the trip to the Gap is........it's just meee time/you choose what to do...walk / talk/ look at old bikes/ drink beer/and have great fellowship...hell...1/2 the time we don't even leave... :grin: :grin:

Plus living on the bike for 7 days is kinda cool as well/

cya guys there/
Russ Chalmers/
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I am not sure if I can make it yet, don't know the contractor's construction schedule yet, but if it can be arranged is there any place left to stay?
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

GT Tim wrote:I am not sure if I can make it yet, don't know the contractor's construction schedule yet, but if it can be arranged is there any place left to stay?

If you have a tent, there's certainly a place. There are still some rooms at Tapoco and Fontana Village, I think, but most of us will be at the Gap.

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

son volt wrote:I'll be there, sharing a room with the French Beetches this time round!

Lane, we want to see the VFR finished and going. If I can fix the misfire I will bring the old GS500 to ride.

You mean like this?

What's wrong with the GS?

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I think, but most of us will be at the Gap
Explain to me like I am stupid. :!: (not a stretch) What/where is that? I know it's called Deal's Gap, but is "the Gap" a place like a motel or something? Is it a campground? (you mention tents).

I really know very little about the place other there is a tree with body parts on it and some guy makes a living taking pictures of people crashing.

PS: that mini fairing is a great addition...love it!
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Thanks. The lights are better than my original try, and it hides the wiring.

Deals Gap is a pass through the mountains. There is a motorcycle motel/resort right at the Gap, where most of us stay. It has lots of room for tents, and restrooms/showers for campers. There are only 15 rooms, however so it books up fast for the meet.

Check out www.dealsgap.com and you'll get all the info you need.

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Nice,
Lane.

Kevin
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

How many bikes you got over there now Lane??? that looks sweet/

chat soon pal
rusty
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Video - Gap 2007 Walk Down Two Stroke Lane

Post by Admin »

From the video shot last year...

EDIT: Somehow this link shares my whole photobucket album... (Thanks Joker @ KTW) Search for the bodypaint Kawasaki girls... Heh Heh...

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Don't be walkin' on two-stroke Lane. I be havin' to kick yo' ass, if you be walkin' on me.......

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Hey... I think this is Jay's video.... I didn't pick the title... :grin: