Archived Posts

The Kawasaki Triple guys started it but we can be part of it too.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

LOL... well it seems that the Michigan group will once again be a part of the 2008 rally as well. We have already reserved "casa alcoa" on lake santeelah again/ and it's possible that the home across the street will be available for rent as well for the week.....

cya all soon,
Russ Chalmers/
The Dr. is In
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Hate the wait

Post by Admin »

If the wife comes we will be Campin truck slide-in and most likely towin two RDs gonna give the GT a break. If she stays home gonna ride one of the RD400s up most likely the Old Blue Gal. (kinda hopin the wife stays home so I can ride up!) cant wait to see all the old 2 smokers again (the bikes that is!) after a day of ridin, sharin a Tequila Sunset and a EARLY sunrise!!! Dofin
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

OK.....

Who's going this yr?????

Hit 52 in MI for Jan 7th/ and almost pulled out the white bike to smoke up the neighborhood to start off 2008 the right way......

God I can't wait to get away again....

Hoping all is well with everyone.
Your brother in smoke
Russ Chalmers/Detroit
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I'll be there. It hit 60 here yesterday. The GT550 had a dead battery. :cry: :cry: I've been sick since Saturday, so I didn't bother charging the battery to go for a ride.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

My vacation is submitted. It was 76 here today, but I didn't get out. I rode a bit Sunday.

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

WOHOOOO

Post by Admin »

Wed, Waborita nite!!!
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I'll be there, Russ. Hide the women and the money....
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

We are still working out the details up here of where we are staying. It seems Casa Alcoa may not be available for the full term of time we need it for..... so Terry and I have been researching our new home location while at the Gap.

I kinda like this one...... Newer Log Cabin sits on 1 acre lot/ running stream/ grill/ hammock/ and did I mention Hot Tub for those days after riding... Hell on one acre.... we could have a ride to our place for beers... heck...we could all pretend to be Harley guys at that point.... Ride from the Gap to Lake Santelah .... and stop for beer...lol

www.snowbirdlogcabin.com

Then there another one we are looking at that has a 30x50 pole barn ane working garage for wrenching on bikes.... and I like that one too :grin:

Either way.... we are there...

Reserved with us:
Terry Davis
Russ Chalmers/
SuzukiDave Bonigut
Ryan Bonigut
Don Ruff
Annette Ruff
John (bighole) Fry
Allen from Barbadoes
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Let me know if there is a spare bed or a place to throw an air mattress and bag that is still available. I'm gonna try to make it this year. If not, I'll hit the campground. After talking to you guys online for a couple years, gotta meet some of you in person.

Kevin
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Kinda quiet out there in Sundial land.... so throwing another posting out there.

As an FYI WE HAVE locked down our home away from home while down at Deal's Gap. This one seems quite a bit nicer than lasts yr location of Casa Alcoa/

3200 sq/ft home/ 3 bedrooms/ 3 baths/ rec room w/full size pool table and bar with bar stools....so evenings in the rec room should be a hoot.

We will be just 9 miles south of the motel there...and can't get much closer than that.

We should be arriving on Sunday the 18th sometime and departing the morning of Sunday the 25th.... a whole week at the Gap/ Leaving Detroit Saturday Morning/ arrive Sunday/

www.dealsgaphome.com

take a peek.....

Look for Terry Davis/Russ/SuzukiDave and the rest of the outcasts over here...lol.
We have 10 peeps this yr.

See all you guys there..... and come on bye to shoot some pool....
Cut throat anybody??? that way we can have 3 player per game....

Russ Chalmers/Detroit
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

What advice can you folks give a person who has never been there, knows only a little about the place, would need inside info on where to stay, what to do while there, what to expect overall and may be interested in going this year?

Clueless in PA
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Tim,
I would urge you, heck everyone, to make the trip to Deal's Gap for the two stroke meet! I have been attending since 2001 and have been going to the Gap since 1993 and ALWAYS have a great time. It is not so much the 10 or so mile ride thru the Gap that attracts me but rather all the other roads in the area. Additionally, it is just a blast to stay at a motel that is completely filled with 2-strokes and other vintages bikes. The tiring kicking, parking lot repairs, lie telling, mild partying, group rides, Ric's ribs, etc all ensure a great time. The majority of the bikes will be Kawi triples, but Suzuki and Yamaha will be very well represented, I plan to bring two Suzukis myself. Most of the bikes are very nicely restored so, in some ways, the walk thru the parking lot is like a stroll in a museum.
As to a place to stay, there is usually always camping available, someone may have a bed in one of the rooms or at least floor space. Tapoco lodge is 3 miles down the hill and may still have room. Robbinsville is about 18 miles away and may sill have rooms. Fontana village is about 15 miles down 28 and may still have rooms.
I hope more folks from this board do decide to attend, we need more Suzukis especially T500s. I hope to bring one of my Cobras if I can get it sorted.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

So, if I ever go I should bring 1 or 2 of the blue smokers and leave the Harley at home? :P
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Good guess Tim.

Kevin