Archived Posts

The Kawasaki Triple guys started it but we can be part of it too.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Lane's Badboy....

Post by Admin »

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Lane, did you ever re-sole your boots with those tire strips you were given?
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

son volt wrote:Lane, did you ever re-sole your boots with those tire strips you were given?

No, I got lazy and just retreaded them with GOOP! That's what it was designed for anyway; original name was Shoe Goo.

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

That bike looks even better in action, are those straight drag bars or more of a "superbike" bar?
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

This is my favorite picture.

The bars are Superbike Daytona bend (I think).

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Is that a leaf in the air behind your bike....or the toe of your left shoe???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Am I the only one........

Post by Admin »

or are others out there that are begining to get a little stoked about the Spring meet at the Gap. You know, it's not that far off....only 3 months.

Since I will be living less than three hours away, I'll be making a day trip or two the week that you guys are there.
I am really excited. It will be nice to meet some of those that did not make it to Mid Ohio this year.

It will be cool to be amoungst all the two strokes!! Very cool!
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Im planning on it if I can get Frankenbike together in time. Been out in the shop freezing my a## off trying to get it together for the gap. Possible shop party for bike building and tuning for all interested here in the spring, will post details once we get them figured out. Cant wait!
-John
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I'm stoked up for the Gap meet all year!

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

bighole wrote:Im planning on it if I can get Frankenbike together in time. Been out in the shop freezing my a## off trying to get it together for the gap. Possible shop party for bike building and tuning for all interested here in the spring, will post details once we get them figured out. Cant wait!
-John
What I don't understand is why you are not keeping us posted on your progress with photos..... :lol:
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I am getting nervous that I am not going to get my Buffalo finished in time. The weather has been so crappy that I am not making much progress. I still have not started painting the tin and I have not started the motor since the rebuild. Almost done with the electronic ignition, still need to mount the guages, handlebars, etc and then recheck everything about 10 times.

And now I dropped the center cylinder on my H1 and I have not had time to try to figure out what the h$ll is going on with that. I am hoping the pilot circuit is clogged up because the cylinder will kick in at WOT once the r's get to about 6K.

Wayne
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

If the pilots are clogged, it should kick in based on throttle position rather than RPMS. More than half-throttle, it should run normally if it's the pilots. If it's RPM related, I'd be looking for an ignition problem.

Lane
Last edited by Admin on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Lane, this just happened a couple of days ago and it has been so dang cold, I have not had time or inclination to check it out. It is supposed to be warming up this week, so maybe I can figure out just what is going on.

Wayne
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Wayne, that could also be a C/S seal. Did the engine ever warm up? I wonder if it'll fix itself when the weather warms up?

Just a thought.

Lane