I was there!!

The Kawasaki Triple guys started it but we can be part of it too.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Cliff
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Original owner GT550L

I was there!!

Post by Cliff »

I made it there and back from Toronto!! 2400.5 miles round trip in 6 days!! 2000 miles there and back from Toronto and 400.5 miles on US 129, 28, 143, etc., etc,. etc..... Went over to the Fontana Dam, did the Cherohola Skyway, etc., etc,..... And not ONE DROP of rain while I was riding!!! What a trip!! What a ride!! Now I have TWO Dragon stickers on my helmet!!
Talked to Jeff G, he had his 750 Kawi and his new 4 stroker there!! Took pictures of my bike (1974 GT550L in Torquoise Green) beside her twin sister!! Same year, SAME colour!!!! Didn't get a chance to talk to her owner though! Only saw her there one day! I did get to see the Hercules Wankel unloaded and run though!
Here I am, slaying the Dragon on the 23rd.!!
http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Order ... =27&pc=406" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
See you again next year!
Cliff
H2RICK
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550A, GSF1200SK6 currently

Re: I was there!!

Post by H2RICK »

Way to go, Cliff !!!! :clap: It's always a nice bonus if you don't have to put on your rain gear, isn't it ??
I see you're not wearing any gloves in that pic.....again !!! I seem to remember bringing this point up last year....or was it 2 years ago. :wink: :shock:
GT550A Mint & Original
H2A Semi-Hot Rod Built From A Basket Case
KZ650C2 Mint & Original...mostly
GSF1200SK6 Bandit...My LD Ride
Additional H2 projects In Boxes.....
MBD Sufferer
johnakay
I likes them jubblies
Suzuki 2-Strokes: bike

Post by johnakay »

gloves :shock:
what about the rest of the gear?
if he comes off there wont be much left of his arms let alone his hands.
ALWAYS WEAR PROPER BIKE GEAR.

and here is why!
http://www.bestbeginnermotorcycles.com/ ... pics-video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership
H2RICK
AMA Superbike

Post by H2RICK »

Agreed, John.....but I figure if I can get him to at least wear his gloves as a starting point, I/we can then work on getting him to put on the REST of his gear. :wink: :lol:
GT550A Mint & Original
MBD Sufferer
Cliff
To the on ramp

Post by Cliff »

I put some pics on my facebook page! Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;#!/photo.php?fbid=10150261940542112&set=a.10150261935232112.379915.540612111&type=1&theater
I had a blast down there this year!! The weather was great!! The roads were great!! The people were GREAT!! The only problem I had was someone knocked over my bike in the motel parking lot the first night in Pittsburgh!! But they were good enough to stand her back up after!! I have to fix a broken rear signal light but it could have been worse!!!
H2RICK
AMA Superbike

Post by H2RICK »

I'm sorry to hear that, Cliff. I just hate motel parking lots for that very reason. People are just soooo careless these days.....no respect for the property of others..:evil:...never mind that your bike is pretty much irreplaceable. I guess that's one of the things a guy has to put up with when he's on the road...... :cry:
GT550A Mint & Original
MBD Sufferer
Cliff
To the on ramp

Post by Cliff »

H2RICK wrote:I'm sorry to hear that, Cliff. I just hate motel parking lots for that very reason. People are just soooo careless these days.....no respect for the property of others..:evil:...never mind that your bike is pretty much irreplaceable. I guess that's one of the things a guy has to put up with when he's on the road...... :cry:
On the bright side, when my bike was knocked over in the parking lot in Pittsburg, they were nice enought to at least stand her back up again! Saved me from busting a nut trying to get her up!! I have looked out first thing in the morning before, on some of my other trips, and seen her laying on her side in a pool of gas/oil/battery acid!!

I've put some photos together for eveyone to see of US129 and Hwy28 in TN. and NC.! Click on the link below!
http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n59 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cliff!!