Email Capable??

The Kawasaki Triple guys started it but we can be part of it too.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

jkevinlilly
My new bike is "IRIS"

Email Capable??

Post by jkevinlilly »

Does anybody know if the motel has wi-fi, or at least phones in the rooms for accessing the internet via dialup?

Kevin
Everything Commeth
To He Who Waiteth
So Long As He Who Waiteth
Worketh Like Hell While He Waiteth
gyrocfi
On the main road

email

Post by gyrocfi »

Nope, no phones in the rooom. and no WiFi. you can go downtown for WiFi thats a bouit it. also NO Cell phone unless you go downtown as well. There is a phone out side that you can use with a calliing card.
77' RD400 Stock
77' RD400 work in progess
76' Suzuki GT500A Titan 2 of 'em
76' RD400 frame, 79' rd400 Daytona bottom 77' top, 75' rd350 wire wheels, Factory products pipes
96' Honda PC800 for towing my RDs
Jughead
This IS the real me!!!

Post by Jughead »

I rode around for half a day trying to find cell service thru sprint with no luck.I broke down and got a calling card but called from a pay phone in town.

Oh yeah I flew mad at Sprint a few weeks ago.My new Sanyo incognito broke 2 days after the 30 day trial period.I flew mad and scared several people including my girlfriend,her daughter and the lil guy behind the counter at the 3rd sprint store I visited.I canceled and went to verizion which sucks also because i don't have any service at all at work where I need it most. :roll: The whole time i was pissed off I was thinking to myself "Why has Technology reduced the human race into relying on something so unreliable?" As I looked around the Sprint service center it dawned on me that we aren't in control anymore. :roll: :roll:
Hang me from the Tree of Shame.Damn! I forgot the Rope.
Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

Yup thats about right, theres usually no cell service outside of the Robbinsville coverage area going towards the Gap Motel. I have to ride from the house on Fontana Road, which is about 10 miles out of town just to get a dial tone.
Thats ok cause i usually time it for a quick bite to eat as well so it makes going into town worthwhile.
Technology can be as good as it can also be a PITA, so try not to be a slave to it.
Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2
jkevinlilly
My new bike is "IRIS"

Post by jkevinlilly »

Thanks, lack of services does not surprise me, just looking at the area. It appears to be a lot like where I live, no cell service at my house either, and it is 14 miles one way to the nearest w-fi hotspot.
So I am used to this situation, just was checking.

Kevin
Everything Commeth
To He Who Waiteth
So Long As He Who Waiteth
Worketh Like Hell While He Waiteth