Archived Posts

Interesting stories of you and a Suzuki you have owned.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Wayne, same offer as on KTW! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

If you ever part with the RDLC or the RZ, give me a chance at it, OK? :hail:
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

The RZ is probably the most fun bike to ride that I have. It is blistering fast for a 350 and has a power band like a moto cross bike. It will fly even with my fat arse on it.

I still like the Buffalo best because it is not so nervous. I still don't have the carbs completly sorted and I have a minor (I hope) clutch problem.

The LC needs some work, and parts are almost non-existant in the US. I still need a headlight bulb and trim ring and the turn signals. It runs OK, but the carbs need some tweeking. There is a pretty good LC following in the UK, but parts are almost as expensive as H2 stuff when you add in the shipping from the UK.

I picked up the XS650 from my neighbor who bought it new. It only has 5700 miles on it. I rebuilt the carbs, changed the oil, added a battery, and it started right up. The only cosmetic issue is the tank has some scratches on it so it needs repainting, but the inside is clean as a new one. I think a friend of mine who has not ridden in a long time is going to end up with it.

The H2 will be rebuilt in '08, but just as a rider. It came with a set of near new chrome TNT chambers when I bought it. I don't have the skill, knowledge, patience, money or desire to do an original restoration. Been there, done that with a '69 Camaro and all you end up with is a trailer queen that you can't ride for fear of getting a rock chip.

Wayne
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Oh, and Lane, the Zonker is so loud I can't stand it, and I'm almost DEAF.

Wayne
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Wayne Meuir wrote:Oh, and Lane, the Zonker is so loud I can't stand it, and I'm almost DEAF. Wayne

Huh? I can't hear you. :roll:

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

pipes

Post by Admin »

Man the pipes on the Buff are Sick!! Would love to hear it scream by!
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Doffin, that pipe is a TCE 3into1 and it is not very loud at all. It gives the bike a lot of torque in the low to mid range, but it signs off at about 6000, so it does not make power up high. Fortunately, it makes the power where I ride most of the time, saves about 40 lbs, and it looks so KOOL.

Wayne
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Wayne has some nice bikes.

He let me ride the Buffalo, nice job on the paint, and the H1. Both rode well and a shop loaded with shelving full of parts, bike lift, media blaster and other equipment you would love to have.

We just need to get together and ride more.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

The Story Of My GT550A.....

Post by Admin »

Here it is for those who have a high boredom threshold.....
:lol: :lol:

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i234/ ... 0%20Stuff/
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

A simpler world back then. Ahhh....the carefree days of youth when a nickel was all you needed for happiness....and most times not even a nickel.
Thank you for sharing that, Tim.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

hey tim, i bet you were like me, one of the kids buying up all the hockey and baseball cards you could, and and using a clothes pin on the back of your bike with the card in the wheel to make the wrrrrrrr noise of an engine! haha
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

vince69007 wrote: hockey and baseball cards and and using a clothes pin on the back of your bike with the card in the wheel to make the wrrrrrrr noise of an engine! haha
I just had Mom buy a lot of baked beans!!!
Admin
Supreme UFOB

First Bike GT750 L

Post by Admin »

After 20 years, I pulled my GT750 out of the basement where it had been stored. I cleaned it up a bit and decided to fulfill a dream I had when I was 25, to build a GT750 drag bike. I thought I would document the progress since it seems to be a relatively less traveled path I'm going down...

These pics are from the early stages...but include most of the internal engine work, carb work, swingarm and rear tire conversion as well as the frame strip down to lighten the load somewhat. Several of you have helped me get this project moving and I appreciate the support.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

GT Startup

Post by Admin »

This was the day I started the engine and added one more buffalo to the herd...

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Thanks for the photos. What work do you plan on doing to the motor? Have you had to split the cases for a crank rebuild?