Even more members from Australia

Interesting stories of you and a Suzuki you have owned.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

SOman
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: t250. GT250, RG250, GSXR1000

Even more members from Australia

Post by SOman »

Hi - I'm an expat Kiwi living in Western Australia - 50 miles out of Perth. Past Suzukis are a T250-II Street Scrambler, back in the day, an A100 a while ago, which was fun and a couple of GSXR1000s......all the other smokers were Yamaha's (YL1 - 100 twin, DS3) and Kawasaki's (S2, H1B) Currently ride an XJR1300

My wife had a T20 way back when......she currently rides an FZ1, and still has her first brand new bike (a '73 CB350 Honda)

Currently have a 77 GT250, which would probably run if I cleaned the carbs, etc, with lots of spare parts (most of another bike - and a NOS tank the same colour.), waiting to be put back on the road and an RG250, which doesn't get much use. The RG was rebuilt from a wreck (firing loom fire, apparently) by a clever chap who resprayed the bike with spray cans - it was a WW replica so he did his own rendition of the scheme, (he had to replace a lot of the faring panels) all masked and painted - no decals here! Well done Matt. It will need a spruce up shortly, but, in the meantime, it's fun to ride (when I can get out on it)! The end cans are of an RGV 250.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tz375
Moto GP

Re: Even more members from Australia

Post by tz375 »

One of my sons had an RG250 for a while and I think we exhausted the supply of good fairing panels and mufflers in Melbourne. Awesome little bike. As I recall it was as fast as my RD400 and handled way better.

Welcome
SOman
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: t250. GT250, RG250, GSXR1000

Re: Even more members from Australia

Post by SOman »

They are great - life begins at 7000...........